Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 01:45 PM

Re: You guv poll 53% of leave voters want death penalty post brexit

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The trouble with you gov is they pay for opinions, you need to do a lot to get the money though so end up voting any old how to get through them quicker. I don't rate them as a good source at all.
I don't listen to any polls, I have known people who don't know which way to vote till they get to the polling station!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 01:48 PM

This does not surprise me. Corporal punishment is usually favoured by the simple minded.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Independents no worse than any other paper, they all have their own twist on the news daily wail IMO is the worst for that.
Not all papers are the same - on one end of the spectrum we have the scum (Daily Mail, Daily Express, The Sun) on the other we have a more honourable press who report actual news.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
This does not surprise me. Corporal punishment is usually favoured by the simple minded.

Not all papers are the same - on one end of the spectrum we have the scum (Daily Mail, Daily Express, The Sun) on the other we have a more honourable press who report actual news.
Azz the poll seems to be only for leave voters, why is that I wonder . Could it be because the paper is biased against leave voters and wishes to discredit them whenever possible.

Simple mindedness is not the exclusive province of leave voters or the remain voters for that matter I would think it covers all voters.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 02:01 PM

Its only 2000 people surveyed but this is just typical of any poll published. I increasingly wonder what the real news is when there is so much garbage. It all seems so skewed. They deliberately waited until article 50 was released to publish results.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 02:02 PM

They do all have a twist though azz, right, left or sensationalist, some better than others of course.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Perhaps we should all join the next Yougov poll and vote for exactly the opposite to what the Independent want to print.
I wonder if they would then bother to print what we said?

Journalists tend to report what their newspaper wants to print, rather than what is really happening.....it keeps them in a job!
You can join yougov btw - you even get paid for it

Re papers and what they print, I think it's very telling when some print hate and others do not. I am surprised that the Mail, Express and Sun has not faced criminal charges as what they are doing is tantamount to inciting hatred. Vile, disgusting papers.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Azz the poll seems to be only for leave voters, why is that I wonder . Could it be because the paper is biased against leave voters and wishes to discredit them whenever possible.

Simple mindedness is not the exclusive province of leave voters or the remain voters for that matter I would think it covers all voters.
I think there were some reports on the correlation of strong support of leave in areas where people are less likely to have higher education.

Certainly this rings true for other areas of life as well, such as those who believe in dogmas and the correlation of lower IQ.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 02:35 PM

A completely unbiased statement, if I may say so Azz.

As a simple minded 'leave' voter, I'd like to say that I am in favour of capital punishment and corporal punishment in schools (when absolutely necessary, and properly recorded).

Perhaps it's just me, but I remember the days of the 1950s when society was much more civilised than today's and much more pleasant in which to live.

But then, I admit to being a simple minded moron who, incidentally, reads the scummy Daily Mail.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 02:48 PM

Good grief.
The referendum has happened.
The article 50 letter has been delivered.
Yet some people are still hell bent on trying to discredit, denigrate and just plain insult the majority of those who voted that voted out.

All this passion shame it's 9 months too late.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 02:48 PM

I think there were some reports on the correlation of strong support of leave in areas where people are less likely to have higher education.

Certainly this rings true for other areas of life as well, such as those who believe in dogmas and the correlation of lower IQ.
Azz I would also say there was strong support for 'leave' in rural farming areas and certainly a lot of support among the older population highly educated and otherwise who experienced the country pre the Common Market. I am sure there must be 'reports' about those sections of society too somewhere .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 03:22 PM

Hi

I agree with those who think that newspapers have agendas.

The Express is terrible, hyped up headlines, totally distorted facts and on the online version an endless stream of boobs belonging to people I know nothing about.

The problem is that these newspapers are widely read abroad and their stupidity is tainting the possibility of sane discussion about how we leave.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top