Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 03:31 PM

Re: You guv poll 53% of leave voters want death penalty post brexit

Originally Posted by Azz ->
You can join yougov btw - you even get paid for it

Re papers and what they print, I think it's very telling when some print hate and others do not. I am surprised that the Mail, Express and Sun has not faced criminal charges as what they are doing is tantamount to inciting hatred. Vile, disgusting papers.

I think there were some reports on the correlation of strong support of leave in areas where people are less likely to have higher education.

Certainly this rings true for other areas of life as well, such as those who believe in dogmas and the correlation of lower IQ.
I would say that all newspapers have a bias, probably relating to the Editors political opinion and the reporters he chooses to favor, but they do it for the money, no matter which paper they work for, so the truth is often not what they print, it is designed to favor their bias! I have known a few journalists from newspapers of very different biases.

If anybody is suggesting that the majority of leave voters were uneducated, I would be prepared to argue that point with them, for these reasons.
1) There are many people on this forum, who voted "Leave" and examining their grammar and ability to write posts well, it would appear that they had a good education.
2) Everybody I know, who voted leave, had education at good schools and many went on to University... in the days when you had to be really clever to get there!
3) My MP voted to leave, and she appears to be intelligent.
4) I have run my own accountancy business and was head of investments, for the NW region of one of the big banks....so I think my education is up to scratch.

The leave vote was nothing to do with education, it was most likely caused by people's observation that the EU wanted to rule a bigger area... and so far they have shown no ability to be up to that job!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
I agree with those who think that newspapers have agendas.

The Express is terrible, hyped up headlines, totally distorted facts and on the online version an endless stream of boobs belonging to people I know nothing about.
Not to mention its obsession with the weather from reports of 3 months of snow to 3 months of draught all conveniently forgotten when they fail to materialises
Once in a hundred years they will be correct and able to boast about it ....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Azz the poll seems to be only for leave voters, why is that I wonder . Could it be because the paper is biased against leave voters.
It was a survey of both leave and remain voters.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by twink55 ->
it makes you wonder why they publish such rubbish! i was a leave voter but nobody asked me if i wanted to restore the death penalty or corporal punishment? Did they ask any other leavers on here? :

Nope.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 05:03 PM

I gave up reading newspapers when I discovered soft toilet tissue.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Exactly my point, they print what suits their bias. Why print what the leavers were in favour of, rather than say what the remain voters ideas were? They did it to try and show that the leavers were bad people.
I am sure that papers with a different bias would have found things in the survey that made remainers look equally bad... but none of what they found had anything to do with Brexit!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 05:05 PM

With issues such as the death penalty, there's always the problem that the offender may later be found not guilty, so that's not an easy one.

I would definitely like to see some modern day kind of National Service being brought back for ALL teenagers. Instil in them some discipline in behaving themselves in public life, give them education in how to manage their money, start them in a trade and take away their mobile phones for a couple of years.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
With issues such as the death penalty, there's always the problem that the offender may later be found not guilty, so that's not an easy one.

I would definitely like to see some modern day kind of National Service being brought back for ALL teenagers. Instil in them some discipline in behaving themselves in public life, give them education in how to manage their money, start them in a trade and take away their mobile phones for a couple of years.
Trouble is Floydy, it won"t happen sadly.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Apologies Anne I didn't bother to read it when I saw it was in the Indirubbish...
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 05:22 PM

Flog the buggars,hang the buggars,chop of their hands. All good stuff until you get the call to do jury service. You wait to be called----

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top