Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 09:39 PM

Re: Politics Brexit: MPs angered by EU 'veto' over Gibraltar

It would be really awful if we start shedding bits of Britain because of Brexit. I am pretty sure that's not what people voted for. As a non-brexit example, we could just give the Falklands back as they are so much trouble, but why did we fight a war over them?

Scotland, NI, Wales, the Falklands and Gibraltar - these are all important parts of British identity and those who shrug and say we don't need them can't possibly mean it. It was bad enough we had to hand back Hong Kong.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
I've never seen anything to suggest that's what they want.
Quite the opposite, in fact.
All the comments I've seen suggest Gibraltarians place a higher importance on their British citizenship than their EU membership.

Just because they voted and hoped UK would Remain in EU, it doesn't mean they don't wish to Remain British - nearly half of UK voted to Remain but it doesn't follow that they want to give up being British.
then they can vote for that, although looking at other areas of uk you'd never know they put any importance at all with being British these days.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2017, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
then they can vote for that, although looking at other areas of uk you'd never know they put any importance at all with being British these days.
I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by "then they can vote for that" - who can vote for what?
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 03:59 PM

Just checking to see if anyone remembers where Gibraltar is.

You seem to have forgotten she even exists.

Got any other bits of the UK you forgot about?

How are you enjoying the ride so far?
It hasn't even started yet.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->

You won't be laughing so much if Le Pen wins eh Flikka?
Mind you, the French have always been completely and utterly ball-less, so I doubt enough of you now would have the balls to vote her in. Hide and play safe like you normally do.

At least we're prepared to give a birdie to the EU and take a chance.
You lot?.......Hmmm
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 07:13 PM

I watched the press conference live yesterday and thought Tusk's bitterness towards Britain just confirmed why we had to leave.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I watched the press conference live yesterday and thought Tusk's bitterness towards Britain just confirmed why we had to leave.
It's all of them mate.
Like kids spitting a dummy.

It was their utter arrogance and superior attitude that tipped it for me. Especially that plonka Juncker when DC went over there before the referendum.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
It's all of them mate.
Like kids spitting a dummy.

It was their utter arrogance and superior attitude that tipped it for me. Especially that plonka Juncker when DC went over there before the referendum.
I agree.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->

Hi

I really cannot understand your bitterness against the UK and your gloating.

You profess to be British and state that you have family here.

Why on Earth would you wish them harm?

Brexit is simply a divorce, we simply cannot live together any more.

There are two types of Divorce, the rational one, agree we have differences and just be sensible about the whole thing and go our own separate ways, minimal cost to each other and get on with the rest of our lives.

No bitterness, no antagonism, just a sensible decision.

Minimal financial cost to both parties and still remain, if not totally amicable, but not certainly not enemies.

The second one is blame and revenge driven, which costs both parties money and anguish and both suffer in the long run.

The other type of Divorce is nasty, blame and revenge driven.

The sensible Divorce means that you pay up what is required by law and then part, it costs, but that is life.

The ideal Brexit, we pay our bills, however horrendous they are, and get on with our new life.

The second type is nasty, costs a mint and drags on for years.

It is absolutely no good to either Party.

We are heading for the second type, not our choice, it is a decision by the EU to punish us.

It works both ways, I am all for a simple, logical divorce, but I will not be bullied.

I react when I am, which is exactly what the EU are doing to the UK.

It is not our choice, it is the EU who have chosen this path.

They can go hang.

The Spanish and Gibraltar?

Watch this space.

Santander is one one biggest Banks in the UK, it is Spanish, we refuse to License them, naff all they can do about it.

British Airways is owned by the Spanish, we simply revoke their Licence to Operate here under open skies and put their Heathrow Landing Rights up for Auction.

The EU is threatening us with no deal unless we submit to all their demands.

OK, we accept no deal.

That means we are not dealing with the EU, but with Individual Countries.

We impose a 100% tax on Seat Cars, a 100% tax on Spanish Wine and fruit and vegetables and a 100% tax on Spanish Holidays.

Game over, it will destroy the Spanish Economy.

Fine, not what I want, but two can play rough.

It won't hurt us much at at all.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

01-04-2017, 08:32 PM

Good post Swims..

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top