Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 12:51 PM

The immigration policies we need won't come from Brexit

This sums up the situation perfectly. Government ineptitude and lies have led us down a blind alley.

http://www.cityam.com/270693/immigra...nt-come-brexit
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 01:25 PM

Re: The immigration policies we need won't come from Brexit

I'm sure you are right but I'm hoping brexit is just a start of any changes we need to make. Once we are away from eu we can then elect to change whatever we want. I'm sure it won't be quick and I'm sure it won't be easy but it can be done.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm sure you are right but I'm hoping brexit is just a start of any changes we need to make. Once we are away from eu we can then elect to change whatever we want. I'm sure it won't be quick and I'm sure it won't be easy but it can be done.
I agree Julie and I don't know why so many people are fixated on immigration in the context of our leaving the EU.

I am most interested in not paying large sums of cash to support the bureaucracy of the EU and our being told how to spend our money by un elected officials.
I want to see full control of our country, its law and its budget by our elected government and its people.

Once out of the EU we can introduce measures to enable us to allow in to the country any trained people we really need from anywhere in the world . We are not doing any favours to people from eastern European countries allowing them to come here jobless 'because they can' some to live in squalor in overcrowded 'doss' houses.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well said Julie.
Well said.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 02:11 PM

Hi

We already have everything we need to control Immigration, both from inside and outside the EU.

We choose not to do it.

That is our problem.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 02:53 PM

Exactly and nobody is promising anything will change post brexit. Plus we will still fall under the eu courts.

People here on this forum may not have voted because of mass immigration but a large proportion of voters did so because that's what half of pro leave campaigning was hinged on. If you had taken immigration out of the equation we would have a different result for sure. There were lots of people who felt their jobs had been taken by eu migrants. It's such a con.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 02:59 PM

Well as someone who has I believe seen wages in her sector brought down and jobs disappear to European companies that won't employ Brits I think it had to be partly about that. It's interesting remainers in Parliament have finally started to see that now but if took the referendum to make them join the dots.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Exactly and nobody is promising anything will change post brexit. Plus we will still fall under the eu courts.

People here on this forum may not have voted because of mass immigration but a large proportion of voters did so because that's what half of pro leave campaigning was hinged on. If you had taken immigration out of the equation we would have a different result for sure. There were lots of people who felt their jobs had been taken by eu migrants. It's such a con.
Why is it such a con?
Every job they do is a job not done been done by a native Brit.
They are not all skilled professionals so a great number of these jobs will be unskilled.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why is it such a con?
Every job they do is a job not done been done by a native Brit.
They are not all skilled professionals so a great number of these jobs will be unskilled.
Hi

A lot are unskilled Muddy, but unfortunately many do not want to do these jobs and they most certainly do not want to move where these jobs are.

May has already stated what we will have unlimited immigration for any EU under 30 year olds to come here and work for two years unrestricted.

That is a free for all, our minimum wage and tax free allowances make it a no brainer for the Southern and Eastern EU youngsters.
Heatherbelle
Canada
Heatherbelle is female  Heatherbelle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2017, 09:28 PM

It seems to me that all countries are well aware of what this mass immigration has created but no one has the guts to stand up and do something about it. There is the underlying fear of being labelled as a "racist" when racism really has nothing to do with it - the way I see it is treating the citizens of people born there the same as people who are coming in - offering the citizens aid and generally looking after them instead of focusing on one issue only.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top