Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 12:48 PM

World on fire

A new BBC series to be shown sometime this Autumn (date to be announced). It looks good from the trailers.

'Peter Bowker’s “adrenalized, emotionally gripping and resonant” new BBC drama World on Fire will follow the “intertwining fates” of ordinary people from Britain, Poland, France and Germany during the first year of the Second World War as this global conflict completely upends their lives.

Oscar-winning actress Helen Hunt is set to star alongside Sean Bean, Lesley Manville and rising stars Jonah Hauer-King and Julia Brown in the seven-part drama.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07lrqk3
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 12:56 PM

Re: World on fire

I saw a trailer for this last night, Longdogs. I'll be watching.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 03:17 PM

We do seem fixated with films and documentaries about WW2 and Adolph Hitler on our tv. I really don’t understand it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
We do seem fixated with films and documentaries about WW2 and Adolph Hitler on our tv. I really don’t understand it.
You need to watch the programme in that case Rehab.

(Nice to see you posting mate).
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 03:35 PM

Cheers LD, this forum is like Hotel California, you can book out but you can’t leave
I do tend to watch a lot of the war documentaries, a German mate did comment on the amount of war related documentaries there were that were devoted to Adolph and said it seemed to be an English thing.
Following on from your advice though I might just give it a gander.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-09-2019, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Cheers LD, this forum is like Hotel California, you can book out but you can’t leave
I do tend to watch a lot of the war documentaries, a German mate did comment on the amount of war related documentaries there were that were devoted to Adolph and said it seemed to be an English thing.
Following on from your advice though I might just give it a gander.

I think it's because we won, otherwise we wouldn't hear a dickie bird.

Anyway, I'll be watching it for the lurrrrrv, not the war.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top