Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2014, 02:10 PM

Re: Airport Experience

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Absolutely, its just like the trains they would all run much better if they didn't have to carry passengers.
My first lol as well ,
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2014, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Flight delays and/or cancellations yes cause difficulties but most if not all airline ground staff do their best and this is not their fault
Hi RS - If you mean the staff you see then maybe you are correct, but don't forget there are ground staff who 'hide' behind the check in people, deliberately don't them the truth, and make decisions based on saving money alone. e.g. the example I quoted where they used my good aircraft to fly some passengers whoose aircraft had a technical fault. This meant that they:-
a) did not need to reimburse the passengers from the faulty aircraft who actually arrived at their destination only 20 minutes late.
b) Only had to hand out a measerly £2.50 voucher to those passengers who were delayed for more than five hours.

As the boss of Ryan Air said "They are just cattle" he has allegedly tried to cover up that remark but truth will out as they say.

You are correct in that a lot of passengers turn up late and expect miricles, I always allowed 2 hours and since the tightening up of security I made that 3 hours mostly.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2014, 08:45 PM

Flying stinks. But after flying to oz, Spain in July will be a dawdle. The airport experience will still be the pits though.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2014, 09:09 PM

Some of the walks to the plane is like a marathon, as for the elderly not being able use to technology how come we are here on the Internet. At my doctors we have to book ourselves in on a machine giving our gender and date of birth. Why does the moving escalators rarely move as those are a boon IF there are moving. Singapore is the largest airport I've ever been on, it is glorious to see but finding your way around you need a Tom Tom, we walked for miles then had to board a train to reach our boarding point.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2014, 09:14 PM

Here's me thinking it's only me who doesn't like airports,it seems nearly everyone thinks the same.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Here's me thinking it's only me who doesn't like airports,it seems nearly everyone thinks the same.
It's because of all the hassle which in turn is just one more example of the population explosian which idiots are trying to fix by building bigger / more airports (For which you could read, motorways, houses, hospitals.)

No one seems to be able to see the bleedin obvious, humans are replicatiing so fast the resources can't keep up
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 01:10 AM

In Dubai airport we had to get a subway to our terminal. For goodness sake. Just what you need before another 14 hour flight
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
In Dubai airport we had to get a subway to our terminal. For goodness sake. Just what you need before another 14 hour flight
KL Airport has a wonderful little automatic train which shuttles backwards and forwards from International Terminal C to A & B. I wish Sydney had something like it (though I never have to travel International to Domestic terminal).

I had to change plane at Dubai to go to Manchester but I didn't have to change terminal, I don't remember it as an unpleasant experience.

Personally I don't mind LCCT, KLIA, Singapore or either of Bangkok's airports. Most of the other airports in Asia that I have been to were so small they were just like a regional airport (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar). As long as they have a good variety of food, free wifi and plenty of seats I don't care I really don't think I have ever had a bad time at an airport.

I think the worst airport I have been to in the last 20 years was Manchester largely because of the amount of walking involved with your bags but even then perhaps it was undergoing renovations (can't remember).

When I was much younger and flew to the UK more often I used to drink the free grog for the first half of the journey then sleep it off for the second half. Worked well (couldn't do it now)
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2014, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Heathrow has a Subway train in terminal 5 to take you to your gate.

Just curious where were you going that takes a 14 hour flight from Dubai?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

22-12-2014, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->

Just curious where were you going that takes a 14 hour flight from Dubai?
Thirteen hours and forty five minutes to be precise. Dubai to Sydney.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top