Join for free
Page 4 of 30 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 01:20 PM

Re: Are you stocking up just in case?

I still have a load of tinned stuff from my Brexit box. Guess they will be staying in the box a while longer.....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It may be wise to get a few extra "Tins" in, a couple of dozen Buffer Stock should be sufficient, then instigate a Kanban System for a while.
Well spitty, although I have never in my life panic bought extras, I must confess, with the worrying state of things with corona virus and the threat of self-isolation for three weeks at a time, although I really don't think it will happen, (please God), There is always that nagging doubt that there will be a sudden surge of panic buying by the public and the fear that the shelves will be emptied. Never thought I would ever do this but I have been adding extra to my weekly shop and now have a dozen each of baked beans, soups, tinned potatoes, part-baked rolls with over a month's use by date, tins of fruit and rice puddings, plus extra dog food.
I cannot fit much more in my freezer either!

If I am honest, I feel rather silly for doing this, but one just never knows. That is the scary part.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 02:00 PM

I felt the same when I started my Brexit Box, but I know how quickly the shelves empty up here. In bad weather I've gone to the shop for a loaf to find none, and most of the shelves near empty. So no I don't feel guilty anymore as I'm not panic buying just a few extra tins, Toilet Rolls, Dog Food ect each week.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 04:22 PM

I've got the extra large packs of toilet rolls and anti-bacterial handwashes on Tuesday's delivery.

I was joking with my brother on the phone this morning, I said to him in jest, have you been getting extra tins etc in? He said he has plenty of everything stacked in the garage. I then jokingly said "We'll come and stay with you then" he said, "If self-isolation, the doors will be locked.

Why do I get the feeling he's not joking!!!

He also showed me a text he had just received from our local medical centre with the usual "if he has travelled to any country and what to do blah blah, this, after rumours that Shrewsbury hospital and Telford hospital have had people diagnosed with the virus. (We haven't received this text).
It's all getting a bit more serious than I like!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

29-02-2020, 04:34 PM

Hope all these fears are unfounded. The symptoms to watch out for according to the medical experts would be more than enough to finish me off. I have had every jab available to protect myself - Pneumonia, Flu, Shingles, if it's available, stick it in my arm or wherever. WHERE IS MY CORONA VIRUS JAB DAMMIT!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

29-02-2020, 04:38 PM

Read in the paper today that a Chinese woman who contacted the virus passed it onto her little pet dog! something the authorities said couldn't happen. It was only a weaker version of the virus, but the virus all the same.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hope all these fears are unfounded. The symptoms to watch out for according to the medical experts would be more than enough to finish me off. I have had every jab available to protect myself - Pneumonia, Flu, Shingles, if it's available, stick it in my arm or wherever. WHERE IS MY CORONA VIRUS JAB DAMMIT!
At least another year away or so I heard on TV.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I still have a load of tinned stuff from my Brexit box. Guess they will be staying in the box a while longer.....
Was this Brexit box created in 2016 or 2019?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

01-03-2020, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Was this Brexit box created in 2016 or 2019?
I started it last summer LD.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I started it last summer LD.
How many toilet rolls do you have now Rox?

Page 4 of 30 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top