Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 06:23 PM

internet prices

Just had an email from BT saying we can carry on paying the reduced fibre optic service internet contract for another 2 years. Saves us paying £20 a month more for that period of time without the contract already taken out
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 07:02 PM

Re: internet prices

I'm going over to PlusNet just as soon as they install my fibre broadband line. It's been put off until late June because of the Covid-19 virus. It will be half the price that I'm paying now so that'll be a saving of £240 p.a.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Just had an email from BT saying we can carry on paying the reduced fibre optic service internet contract for another 2 years. Saves us paying £20 a month more for that period of time without the contract already taken out
I had the same,carry on with the same for another 24 months,not going to sign up,my contract is due in October,might shop around.
I'm on fibre 1,if they give me the next one up for the same I'll consider it,they only want £2 a month more for that,but I'm furloughed on 40 hrs pay which is less than my shift pay, any one wants my money, needs to up their game.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 09:20 PM

The fibre optic telephene service only goes as far as the cabinet in the road, not to the house which has the old copper wire service. So it all depends not only how far you are from the exchange and if the exchange has the fastest service anyway, but also the distance from the cabinet to the house. My son in Brighton has bought his ground floor flat in an old house which is directly wired to the exchange. his service is virtually no existant and they won't provide a new optic replacement

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top