Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 02:27 AM

Re: My hair.

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Wow, Bratti.

W2b

Medium texture.

No layers.

No dye, natural blonde, no grey.

I usually trim myself.

I just fancied a change, but also like it long.
I think I will try some different updo's.
That is a change.
You actually have perfect hair for creating a variety of different hair styles. What you are missing is knowledge and a variety of hair toys to add diversity. Once you get the idea of buns, half backs, half ups and updos you should look up hair FORKS!

Hair forks are hard to purchase but easy to make OR you can browse through ETSY for ideas

https://www.etsy.com/ca/search?q=hai...prefix=hair%20

Once you get used to the diversity of long hair, you probably won’t ever get bored with it
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
God's sakes woman what century are you in!

P.S. I've got black jeans blue jeans faded jeans red jeans green jeans spotty jeans slimline jeans bootleg jeans skinny jeans wide leg jeans and I'm absolutely ancient!

Me too
I live in jeans I never wear anything else
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Personally, I believe long hair is inappropriate after the age of 35 yrs. Similarly, I don't think jeans should be sold to anyone over the age of 30 unless they can prove they work in the building trade.
You sound like my Mum god rest her soul .
She would have been 92 if she was alive .
Her veiws entirely .
A mumsy perm and a frock for anyone over 35.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 07:00 AM

I've never had long hair not even as a child....every time I determine to grow it I get fed up and have it cut....also whatever you tell your hairdresser they always cut more off than you told them and it takes ages to grow so I just give in.

I live in jeans too... I don't understand this mentality of being too old to wear this or that....wear what suits you ...jeans can look nice as well as practical... I went to the Ivy in Harrogate in jeans the other day....so what.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 12:46 PM

Oh ladies please be nice to eachother.
It is about hair not jeans, unless you have hairy jeans.
I cut my own hair, I was wondering about a change. Bratti you have given me lots of ideas, thanks hon. X
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 01:01 PM

I haven't seen anyone being anything other than nice sweetie pie? I was making an observation about jeans...I hope it didn't come across as judgemental in any way if it did it wasn't meant to.

As far as your hair goes I agree with art without a picture it's difficult to comment....I do wish I had had long hair though just to scoop it up in a ponytail must be so easy in the mornings.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
A mumsy perm and a frock for anyone over 35.
RIP your mom Muddy but glad her ideas are laid to rest. Here we call that Frumpy with a capital f.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

26-01-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I've never had long hair not even as a child....every time I determine to grow it I get fed up and have it cut....also whatever you tell your hairdresser they always cut more off than you told them and it takes ages to grow so I just give in.

I live in jeans too... I don't understand this mentality of being too old to wear this or that....wear what suits you ...jeans can look nice as well as practical... I went to the Ivy in Harrogate in jeans the other day....so what.
That’s VERY typical of hairdressers. Most are in business for themselves and understand you are dependent on them. They seem to like to make your haircut something that you need them to help upkeep. That way you have to keep coming back to them. They rarely give you a style that’s easy to manage on your own because they would be out of business.

A good hairdresser should listen to you and add suggestions but not push them on you. You just didn’t ever get past those awkward stages and with growing a hairstyle out there are bound to be a couple of those but it’s best to wait them out if you truly want long hair or just a change. It’s too easy just doing the same thing year after year. If anything, I think long hair is VERY suitable for women of any age. It’s classy, sophisticated and stylish.

Originally Posted by summer ->
I haven't seen anyone being anything other than nice sweetie pie? I was making an observation about jeans...I hope it didn't come across as judgemental in any way if it did it wasn't meant to.

As far as your hair goes I agree with art without a picture it's difficult to comment....I do wish I had had long hair though just to scoop it up in a ponytail must be so easy in the mornings.
I agree with you also summer. Everyone on this thread is being kind and considerate . Your comments were nothing but nice and always are and as far as the jeans 👖 comment . That was outrage worthy Its not like we’re talking about push up bras and go go boots here.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 01:29 PM

I can't see that anyone has been nasty on here either
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 01:36 PM

Sorry my mistake.
I suppose I better take a photo.
I have never had short hair.
It really suits some people.
My long hair keeps me warm in winter.
I quite like longish hair on men too.

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top