Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 02:16 PM

Re: Mare & Foal Sanctuary, Near Totnes, Devon.

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Thanks, Jazzi.

Thanks, Julie.
Until last year I was adopting two horses from Bransby rescue in Lincolnshire, but too far away & I never got to go there. The Mare & Foal sanctuary is on my doorstep so much closer & it's lovely to actually see & touch your adopted horse.
Anyone who lives near there might want to adopt one of theirs?
http://www.bransbyhorses.co.uk/

I shall get my Chauffeur to take me there , about an hours drive from me ..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 04:17 PM

Hi Tiffany. Thanks for the post. I would love to visit the sanctuary as I am in Devon. This might seem a strange question but is it a 'sad' place? I would like to take my wife along for a visit but she cannot take any signs of cruelty towards animals. Our TV is constantly changing channels when the rescue adverts come on as she will be in tears for hours. I think it stems from when she was a child and her parents would insist on taking her to The Lane where she would see all the puppies for sale in cages.

Thank you
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 04:37 PM

No, Longdogs it isn't a sad place. The ponies are well looked after & the place is very clean. The guide who showed us around told us about the ponies we saw & how they trained them. They were mostly young ponies from pregnant mares they had taken in.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
No, Longdogs it isn't a sad place. The ponies are well looked after & the place is very clean. The guide who showed us around told us about the ponies we saw & how they trained them. They were mostly young ponies from pregnant mares they had taken in.
That sounds great.

Thank you.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top