Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 10:45 PM

Re: Back engineered Alien Technology

Originally Posted by fender ->
Seen it all smart arse, and other stuff that contradicts.
Be careful with your LOL smiley's.

I'm getting tempted to shove one where the sun don't shine.
Don't let your brain make promises that your body cannot keep.
But seeing we are in child mode, my big brother will sort you out matey...

Any thoughts on the Wikipedia article? I know it's horrible when a fact gets in the way of a good story
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Don't let your brain make promises that your body cannot keep.
But seeing we are in child mode, my big brother will sort you out matey...
I very much doubt it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Many have said for example, they can understand the leap from valves to transistors, but the leap from transistors to the microchip was huge to say the least.
Not really.

There's nothing really new about microchips. Microchips are simply millions highly miniaturised transistors packaged together.

I think the big step forwards was the use of photographic miniaturisation and printing out of the results. They still rely on semiconductors and such things as PNP and NPN gates.

I believe that a bigger step forward was the change from vacuum tubes to transistors.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I think we lack the necessary requirements for alien visitations, we don't drive trucks at night in the countryside whilst singing an hill billy song mate
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 11:12 PM

"I believe that a bigger step forward was the change from vacuum tubes to transistors."

Indeed. A theoretical solid state device (field effect transistor) to replace thermionic valves was designed and patented in the 1920s but wasn't developed. It wasn't until 1947 that a working prototype electronic transistor was created. It was a damned site bigger than those I used in the 1970s which in turn are massive compared with the millions of transistors on a modern computer `chip`.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 11:15 PM

Yes JB,

The change from tubes to transistors was immense, but many maintain that the leap to microchips was way more immense lets say. Not my words, just what I've read here and there.
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 01:24 AM

Put me down for a "No" on this one. I would need some evidence that aliens had in fact visited our humble little world.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

25-02-2017, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowman ->
Put me down for a "No" on this one. I would need some evidence that aliens had in fact visited our humble little world.
If they have, the evidence would be so closely guarded, proof would be difficult to say the least. Those who have tried to come forward are the immediate recipients of ridicule and disinformation to discredit them.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowman ->
Hi

Perhaps I could help you here.

i can arrange a visit to my Ex Mil at very short notice.
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 02:43 AM

It is often said that evidence would be covered up. This is a basic assumption in many science fiction novels, TV shows like the X-files, etc. The why of that is a little fuzzy. As to ridicule,, perhaps, but we live in a world where adults teach their children to believe in a Santa Claus that does not exist (Sorry Swimfeeders ), on any given day millions of not billions express believe in invisible, intangible beings floating about.

What would comprise evidence? Most of the fiction shows and novels have a certain plot line. The evidence, perhaps a piece of alien technology, a chip taken from some one's nose or neck is always stolen, destroyed, dissolves, or lost somehow. Maybe an alien body is hidden or maybe even a live alien in some secret research lab for some reason. Maybe they are in front of us in public government positions as the reptilian alien promoter from England says. Maybe they are really from another time or dimension, not space at all. Well, I don't want to be a spoiler.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top