Join for free
Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 02:21 PM

Re: Nigel's new Brexit Party

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Couldn,t agree more. How many other governments either disagree or ignore the peoples choice as this government has.
People keep saying 'You are given a vote so use it' What,s the point if the government is going to say 'Whatever the vote we will do things our way'
I may have said this before, but I can see an advantage in having general elections at more frequent intervals, perhaps as little as three or even two years.

When a political party promises to do something in their next term of office, I think that at least a clear beginning should have been made relatively quickly. If they haven't done anything within a couple of years, they should be held to account.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Hmm!..King Edward V111 comes to mind..but of course HE wasn't imprisoned..the very idea

The SNP did not exist during the war. I think maybe the reference is to Oswald Moseley
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 04:29 PM

Change UK should be renamed "The Keep Everything As it Was Before" party.

Change is not what these are all about.... just more deceit, more lies, more failure
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Change UK should be renamed "The Keep Everything As it Was Before" party.

Change is not what these are all about.... just more deceit, more lies, more failure
Good point! Alternatively, they should call themselves "Keep Our Snouts in the Trough" party.

It occurs to me that the Brexit Party should also change its name to "The Democracy Party".

After all, it is the only party that stands for democracy in this country these days and, of course, once a true Brexit has been achieved it can still function to protect and support our democratic rights.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What a load of absolute crap.

Since when did the RAF ever own or operate any F-15s?

The whole article is littered with totally incorrect nonsense. I can only presume that it is a lefty, anti-British publication.

I could go to town on outlining all the incorrect statements within that text, but I have a policy of not interacting with anti-British trolls which I have already broken. However, I had to point out to others what sort of codswallop you come up with.

Just typical, you don't believe something so you just try and belittle it.

But of course you know better than the experts!!!!!!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Just typical, you don't believe something so you just try and belittle it.

But of course you know better than the experts!!!!!!
Read the answer to some Ivan at the end of the article, who send a reaction. I think our jbr made the same miustake. It goes:

Hi Ivan,
Thanks for your feedback.

I’m afraid you’ve misunderstood this article completely, it is a ‘what-if’.

Note the line “Let’s imagine a world where TSR.2 was not cancelled in 1965.”.

Good to hear from you. Have fun looking through our archives.
Cheers,
HK
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-04-2019, 06:30 PM

I'm determined not to trade insults with this shower of trolls, so this will be my last word.
The problem with that article (and I've never heard of that publisher before) is that it is entirely conjectural.
Someone has decided to attempt to assure us that if the TSR2 had not been cancelled 'the world would have come to an end'.
I am interested in facts, not conjecture.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 06:45 PM

I'm determined not to trade insults with this shower of trolls, so this will be my last word.
The problem with that article (and I've never heard of that publisher before) is that it is entirely conjectural.
Someone has decided to attempt to assure us that if the TSR2 had not been cancelled 'the world would have come to an end'.
I am interested in facts, not conjecture.
Glad to have cleared that up for you jbr.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 09:14 PM

Good point! Alternatively, they should call themselves "Keep Our Snouts in the Trough" party.

It occurs to me that the Brexit Party should also change its name to "The Democracy Party".

After all, it is the only party that stands for democracy in this country these days and, of course, once a true Brexit has been achieved it can still function to protect and support our democratic rights.
I totally agree with both of you But l dont think we have seen
even the beginnings of the deviousness of the established
structures of this country yet!
Look at Vince Cable! He is totally anti democratic and has the
brass neck to run on a stop brexit ticket!
I suppose he hopes to pick up a few remain votes to shore up
his failing party? The whole lot disgust me!

Regards Donkeyman!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-04-2019, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I totally agree with both of you But l dont think we have seen
even the beginnings of the deviousness of the established
structures of this country yet!
Look at Vince Cable! He is totally anti democratic and has the
brass neck to run on a stop brexit ticket!
I suppose he hopes to pick up a few remain votes to shore up
his failing party? The whole lot disgust me!

Regards Donkeyman!
Thanks. I appreciate that but, remarkable as I am, there is only one of me!

Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top