Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 05:09 PM

Re: Lord Frost in charge again??

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Quite so. I have bought Cornish Brie before and it's very nice, and it has the distinct advantage of not being French!

In fact, I'm surprised that the Frogs haven't complained about us using their trade name. After all, they complain about everything else!
They might have for all I know JBR but the cheeses I buy are advertised and labelled as being made "in the style of". Presumably, that's a good enough legally as a get out clause.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
They might have for all I know JBR but the cheeses I buy are advertised and labelled as being made "in the style of". Presumably, that's a good enough legally as a get out clause.
Suits me.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
That's as it should be Zaph!
Your opinion versus other opinions ??
Isn't that what a forum is about?
If you have such a low opinion of forums, why do you partake in
one?
BTW, you didn't answer my question!
Why if Boris wanted a firmer stance with the EU, didn't he take a
firmer stance when when he took over the negotiations from
Frosty at the end of the so called "deadline" ?
It was you that stated Boris wanted a firmer stance BTW !! #18

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
I have nothing against opinions Donkeymany but I will throw the question back at you: if you have such a low opinion of the viewpoints of others that you are unwilling to consider them why participate?

Why does another's pointing out alternatives upset you so?
Are you just looking for an echo-chamber of affirmation from like-minded souls rather than seeking to further your understanding?
You won't get that from me.
As you say, that's what such a forum is all about.
Using little cliques to provide confirmation bias within a forum is going to promote responses you won't like.
As now, apparently.

Oh and before you start a faux-offended ping-pong of denialist replies I tell you now that I will not be participating when the following makes very clear that no matter what you (or I, or anybody else) think it is obvious that as far as global markets are concerned the UK is heading in the right direction.
Bluntly: what they think matters and counts.

I did answer your question BTW but as you sadly seem to do frequently with me it was ignored.
So again:
Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
...... This way is better (whether you agree or not) than missing more deadlines or having no deal .................
If you want more I will say that Boris had a self-imposed time limit in situ; had he not stuck to that no doubt somebody somewhere would be more grieviously complaining than you seem to be now.
It might even have been you had he done so.
Surely it is not so long ago that you have forgotten Monsewer Barmier's frankly ridiculous demands - not one of which he achieved.
Boris's stance got a deal.
You might not like it but that is beside the point.

Yes I stated that Boris wanted a firmer stance - than the one Gove was taking.

I hope that his given you much to ponder, though I note that you have completely ignored the latter part of my post just as you missed my explanation as to why I believe Boris acted as he did.
So again: you might not be pleased with how Brexit has gone so far.
So what?
The ones that count are quite happy, as you can see from how the GB£ and UK shares are performing.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 03:47 PM

Hi

Frost in charge again?

That is a Joke.

He is the one who did the negotiations and made made a right mess of them.

Run over by Barrnier.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Frost in charge again?

That is a Joke.

Run over by Barrnier.
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought it was Boris who sold us short at the last minute. We were all set to leave and trade under WTO.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 03:59 PM

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought it was Boris who sold us short at the last minute. We were all set to leave and trade under WTO.
Exactly that JBR !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
ooh my !!
As you asked Zaph, l didn't reply to your currency and share question
because that is irrelevant to the the subject as they are both subject
to constant up and down movements from day to day,( that is the
nature of markets isn't it?) How else would you get a profit
otherwise?
However, l do agree that we can't have debate between us l think that
all that you accuse me of above are exactly the way l see your
own behaviour ??
I shall continue posting on the brexit thread, and criticising where l
see fit , with or without your input !

Donkeyman! 👍🤗🤗👍
You do that, just as I do and as every other poster does.
Hurrah for realising how forums work.

Never mind; the sycophancy displayed by some when I started to contribute more in this part of the forum evaporated pretty quickly once certain contributors realised that I was not always in complete agreement with their stance.
Perhaps I should have left this area to the blight which prevously pervaded.

BTW your understanding of how markets work is (as with so many of your understandings) quite narrow and flawed.
Which might explain how you can't grasp that we as a country are now being seen by those to be good potential prospects as opposed to the poor prospect seen when deciding to leave the union, and why the minor day-to-day fluctuations did not much change the outlook since 2016.
Until now.

This might aid your comprehension:
https://www.dummies.com/education/fi...e-for-dummies/
Zaphod
Lincs UK

21-02-2021, 04:12 PM

If it is of any interest, I made the same decision some time ago.
Would that have been sometime after the sycophantic fawning folllowing challenges debating with a poster that was previously posing contrary opinions?
Zaphod
Lincs UK

21-02-2021, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Frost in charge again?

That is a Joke.

Run over by Barrnier.
No.
Boris is in charge.
He's the PM, and he is responsible in case you hadn't noticed.
Surely you have heard of "delegation".
As for your "right mess", would you like reminding of Barmier's ridiculous demands which Frost managed to neuter?
Zaphod
Lincs UK

21-02-2021, 04:20 PM

Which "we"?
Because that obviously didn't include Boris.
As for being "sold short", you too ignore the EU's ridiculous demands which were effectively neutered.
You are also still ignoring that the saga is not yet over.
We might be out, but some things still need to be settled.
Like these, maybe:
"Britain could restrict imports of European mineral water and several food products under retaliatory measures being considered by ministers over Brussels’ refusal to end its blockade on British shellfish, the Telegraph reported.

Senior government sources pointed to potential restrictions on the importing of mineral water and seed potatoes, the report said
."
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN2AK0SE

Is there any point in my putting the original here from The Telegraph when pretty much everything else which you disagree with is ignored in favour of your own flawed perceptions?

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top