Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 04:15 PM

Re: £2,607,767.67 spent on new Downing Street media briefing room

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://www.itv.com/news/2021-03-15/...-briefing-room

* I'd still recommend a sweep for bugs .....

(Perhaps that's what Henry's for ..... )
Oh good grief! I guess I'd better start learning Russian.

Россия во все сует нос!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 04:23 PM

I believe you guys have been blinded by the numbers and have lost touch with work content and costs today

Everything has to be planned in and costed - nothing comes free. Even before the first outline plan is produced comes a site survey. THAT costs. Then every hour spent on the job has to be charged. Every meeting, every review - the lot. Gas, grass, or ass no-one rides free.The costs very soon add up.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->

Россия во все сует нос!
Did you mean "они суют свой нос во все"?

In which case that'll be Americans.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I believe you guys have been blinded by the numbers and have lost touch with work content and costs today

Everything has to be planned in and costed - nothing comes free. Even before the first outline plan is produced comes a site survey. THAT costs. Then every hour spent on the job has to be charged. Every meeting, every review - the lot. Gas, grass, or ass no-one rides free.The costs very soon add up.
Todger, I get that everything has a price. From the costing, to the hourly rate, to the services rendered, etc. But this comes at the exact same time that the government says it can't give more than a 1% pay rise for nurses. It rankles and annoys me like anything - its just so insensitive! "We can't give the people who save our lives a decent pay rise, but we can pay for a fancy room to do our briefings in because that bit is actually quite important"

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

16-03-2021, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Did you mean "они суют свой нос во все"?

In which case that'll be Americans.
Ha! Yes this is true as well....especially since its a US styled room. Are the Gov't leaning towards being mini america....

oh wait......
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

16-03-2021, 04:52 PM

Todger, I get that everything has a price. From the costing, to the hourly rate, to the services rendered, etc. But this comes at the exact same time that the government says it can't give more than a 1% pay rise for nurses. It rankles and annoys me like anything - its just so insensitive! "We can't give the people who save our lives a decent pay rise, but we can pay for a fancy room to do our briefings in because that bit is actually quite important"

The pay award to the NHS is actually not unreasonable at this time of very low wage inflation and the pay scales open for nursing staff.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 04:53 PM

Россия во все сует нос!
Pусские вмешиваются .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

16-03-2021, 04:54 PM

Ha! Yes this is true as well....especially since its a US styled room. Are the Gov't leaning towards being mini america....

oh wait......
No, but a thing that matches international standards for First World Countries.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 05:00 PM

Dominic Raab defended paying a Russian firm £2.6million to create a White House-style media briefing room in Downing Street today, amid safety and cost fears.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sian-firm.html

The Foreign Secretary suggested the project represented 'value for money'.

But Mr Raab told LBC radio today: 'We want to get the best value for money. Yes of course the big emphasis on buying British but ultimately we want to get the best value for taxpayers money.'
In the light of all the billions of pounds spent on dodgy PPE deals and useless TnT, that's somewhat of an ironic assertion .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

16-03-2021, 05:04 PM

Ugh, shaking my head that one, Omah! I have no words.

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top