Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 06:44 PM

Make yourself £1000 if you find this rabbit

The world's biggest rabbit has been stolen from the garden in Worcestershire where it lives. It is an incredible 4' 2" long! Its owner has offered a £1000 reward for its safe return.

I suppose one could get a few meals out of a rabbit that size.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 06:53 PM

Re: Make yourself £1000 if you find this rabbit

Gosh he's big!

I hope he is found and returned to his owner.

Here is the story and a photo of him....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-56720118
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 06:58 PM

How can people be so brazen and creep around folks back gardens and steal their pets? Its incomprehensible! I hope he is found safe.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 02:56 AM

If he lived in Queensland the owner could have been fined $44000 for owning a rabbit, it is a criminal offence
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
If he lived in Queensland the owner could have been fined $44000 for owning a rabbit, it is a criminal offence

Why, Bruce?
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 11:42 AM

I am of the opinion that unless you are rearing the animals for food, rabbits should be treated as wildlife, not kept as pets.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Oh my word, I did not know that! Why?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh my word, I did not know that! Why?
There was a film called Rabbit-Proof Fence concerning two Aboriginal girls who were taken from their families to be forcibly assimilated into white culture. The girls escaped and followed the rabbit proof fence that was built down the centre of Australia to contain the plague of rabbits from entering farm land. Rabbits were introduced in Oz in the 19th century for hunting purposes but true to their nature, they bred like rabbits and having no natural predators, they spread uncontrollably and did a lot of damage to farmland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit-proof_fence
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
How can people be so brazen and creep around folks back gardens and steal their pets? Its incomprehensible! I hope he is found safe.

So do I, it's a horrid person who would steal a pet.

Originally Posted by RJG ->
I am of the opinion that unless you are rearing the animals for food, rabbits should be treated as wildlife, not kept as pets.
People have kept pet rabbits for years. These rabbits are not wild. My children had one. There are rabbit shows & pet shows where rabbits are displayed. Tame bred rabbits have always been pets. There are even indoor rabbits.
You are so wrong to say this. Yes, rabbits are bred for food as well & not pets, but people should be allowed a rabbit or two as a pet if they want one.
RJG
UK

13-04-2021, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
So do I, it's a horrid person who would steal a pet.

People have kept pet rabbits for years. These rabbits are not wild. My children had one. There are rabbit shows & pet shows where rabbits are displayed. Tame bred rabbits have always been pets. There are even indoor rabbits.
You are so wrong to say this. Yes, rabbits are bred for food as well & not pets, but people should be allowed a rabbit or two as a pet if they want one.
Can you housetrain a rabbit?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top