Join for free
Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 03:25 PM

Re: Are you proud to be British?

Originally Posted by BoxerBoy ->
Oh come on now ! They are comics, full of lies, exaggerations and women's tits........ not to be taken seriously.
The Mail and MoS are Britain's finest daily and Sunday newspapers. They have the best journalists and that's is one big reason why they have more "higher grade" readers than several of the other papers put together.

They speak for the decent law abiding people of this country.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Me too.

I couldn't stand there whilst our flag was being raised, holding my hand on my heart (they never do it in the right place anyway!).

On the other hand, I think that if we had the Union Flag displayed in public buildings and even schools, like the Yanks do, it might engender more pride in our country.
One thing I remember about the New York subway is that all the carriages have the American flag on them. Can you imagine the outcry if the Union Jack was printed on our tube trains!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
The Mail and MoS are Britain's finest daily and Sunday newspapers. They have the best journalists and that's is one big reason why they have more "higher grade" readers than several of the other papers put together.

Too right, Gravitas Not like the Guardian, Observer, telegraph and Times which are so deep-rooted in their suffiness and appeal to the middle class brigade terrified they'll lose some money if Brexit never happens. Serve those greedy arrogant smug capitalists right if it doesn't!
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 05:20 PM

I Never call myself British

I am English in fact I'm Yorkshire No Leeds make that North Leeds
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->

Oh??? - you mean the knuckle draggers who live amongst us.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
They breed as well unfortunately.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 06:04 PM

I'm not proud to be British or Scottish or whatever.

It doesn't matter where we were born or wherever we came from.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
They breed as well unfortunately.

Let's hope the fifth columnists don't .
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No, no I don't. The Mail has the best journalists and that, essentially. is why they win more awards for excellence than the rest.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 06:22 PM

I don't feel British, I feel English. I'm not proud of being English - I had no choice in the matter. However, I do feel extremely fortunate to have been born in England - despite all our issues, there is still nowhere I would rather live.

Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top