Join for free
Page 10 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 12:16 PM

Re: DUTCH Super Trawler

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
One sided incompetence. As frans timmermans said in 2016: my god, they haven't got a plan! They haven't got a clue!

Now some are still thinking about a no deal brexit. My god, they haven't got a plan, and no clue what they are in for!
You never learn.
Our problem Solly, not yours, as l have repeatedly said to you?
No deal is neccassarily a part of any negotiation, and therefore
cannot be removed or it ceases to be a negotiation??

Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Our problem Solly, not yours, as l have repeatedly said to you?
No deal is neccassarily a part of any negotiation, and therefore
cannot be removed or it ceases to be a negotiation??

Regards Donkeyman!
Remember what you said about fighting with the hands bound at the back? The EU is obliged by article 50 to offer a deal. It doesn't mean it must be a deal attractive to the leaving member. Ever considered the option that the EU wants you to leave without a deal?
As prognoses stand, without a deal you will not pose a competitor of any significance. In a deal the EU has to include arrangements that prevent the UK from becoming an economic competitor.
Some stupid EU official let that drop last week. I hope none of the UK negotiators picked up on that revelation.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 01:07 PM

Remember what you said about fighting with the hands bound at the back? The EU is obliged by article 50 to offer a deal. It doesn't mean it must be a deal attractive to the leaving member. Ever considered the option that the EU wants you to leave without a deal?
As prognoses stand, without a deal you will not pose a competitor of any significance. In a deal the EU has to include arrangements that prevent the UK from becoming an economic competitor.
Some stupid EU official let that drop last week. I hope none of the UK negotiators picked up on that revelation.
I just read that somewhere else Solly?
Have you been repeating yourself?
I know, and you know that has been the situation since uk joined
the club Solly! So nothing changes for us except we operate freely
and it costs us nothing!

Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I just read that somewhere else Solly?
Have you been repeating yourself?
I know, and you know that has been the situation since uk joined
the club Solly! So nothing changes for us except we operate freely
and it costs us nothing!

Donkeyman!
I see the point was wasted on you.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

26-10-2019, 12:09 PM

I see the point was wasted on you.
Totally!
Donkeyman!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 10:38 AM

I take it that nobody signed the petition about this .

This is the reply emailed to me :

The Government has responded to the petition you signed – “Ban super trawlers from fishing in UK waters.”.

Government responded:

While we are in the Common Fisheries Policy, the Margiris is legally entitled to fish in our waters. The Marine Management Organisation has inspected the vessel and found it compliant with the CFP.

While we are still part of the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) EU registered vessels such as the Margiris are legally entitled to fish in our waters. The vessel was inspected by the Marine Management Organisation on 2 October 2019 and found to be fishing in compliance with the CFP.

After leaving the EU, the UK will become an independent coastal state under international law and we will have the right to decide who fishes in our waters and on what terms. Any decisions about giving access to our waters for vessels from the EU, or any other coastal states, including trawlers such as the Margiris, will then be a matter for the UK to decide.

After we leave the EU, we expect to hold annual negotiations with the EU and third countries on access and fishing opportunities. We’ve been clear that all vessels will have to comply with UK rules.

The Government remains fully committed to sustainable fishing, including ending the wasteful discarding of fish. Our full approach is set out in the Sustainable fisheries for future generations White Paper, and 25 Year Environment Plan.

Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

The Government has responded to the petition you signed – “Ban super trawlers from fishing in UK waters.”. etc.
I signed it, and read the above.

Like all such petitions, should the government be obliged to debate it (due to numbers), this is typically the non-committal response they make.

Petitions are OK if you want to make your view known, but don't expect them to ever do anything about them.

The best way to get what you want is to vote wisely in the next general election.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Like all such petitions, should the government be obliged to debate it (due to numbers), this is typically the non-committal response they make.

Petitions are OK if you want to make your view known, but don't expect them to ever do anything about them.

The best way to get what you want is to vote wisely in the next general election.
It has to be debated with 100,000 signatures . Not sure how many this petition got, but I don't think it was so many for debate.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

28-10-2019, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

The Government has responded to the petition you signed – “Ban super trawlers from fishing in UK waters.”.

Government responded:

While we are in the Common Fisheries Policy, the Margiris is legally entitled to fish in our waters. The Marine Management Organisation has inspected the vessel and found it compliant with the CFP.

While we are still part of the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) EU registered vessels such as the Margiris are legally entitled to fish in our waters. The vessel was inspected by the Marine Management Organisation on 2 October 2019 and found to be fishing in compliance with the CFP.

After leaving the EU, the UK will become an independent coastal state under international law and we will have the right to decide who fishes in our waters and on what terms. Any decisions about giving access to our waters for vessels from the EU, or any other coastal states, including trawlers such as the Margiris, will then be a matter for the UK to decide.

After we leave the EU, we expect to hold annual negotiations with the EU and third countries on access and fishing opportunities. We’ve been clear that all vessels will have to comply with UK rules.

The Government remains fully committed to sustainable fishing, including ending the wasteful discarding of fish. Our full approach is set out in the Sustainable fisheries for future generations White Paper, and 25 Year Environment Plan.

Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
They only seem to have a real policy on enviromental affairs to me?
What our dealings with eu will be are still vague, why?
I also helieve the fishing indusry itself should be guiding the
negotiations and should be more prominent in promoting their own
interests with the emphasis on small scale fihing and not corperate
industrialised fishing?
There is a long way to go yet PD!!!
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

28-10-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I concur JBR!
Donkeyman!

Page 10 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top