Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 01:04 PM

Re: Do you like it leaning Frontwards or Backwards?

Although rare, there have been cases of "beauty parlour syndrome", which can occur when the neck is over-extended whilst using a back wash.
This can damage arteries, which can lead to a clot and then a stroke.

I usually wash my hair over the bath using the shower head. I wish there was some invention to stop the water running into my eyes.
I have washed my hair in the bath by leaning my head backwards and using the shower head.

I couldn’t see a back basin working if you had to wash your hair yourself.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I usually wash my hair over the bath using the shower head. I wish there was some invention to stop the water running into my eyes.
Er, swimming goggles?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 05:54 PM

I wash my hair in my shower - which, being a disabled shower cabinet has a seat inside it, I therefore sit comfortably and wash my hair and the rest of me too.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Er, swimming goggles?
Dexterous, Great idea but how do l get at my long hair under the elastic bit at the back?

Please don’t suggest, l get a crew cut!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 07:18 PM

Dexterous, Great idea but how do l get at my long hair under the elastic bit at the back?

Please don’t suggest, l get a crew cut!
Well, you could move the elastic mid wash.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 07:19 PM

Although rare, there have been cases of "beauty parlour syndrome", which can occur when the neck is over-extended whilst using a back wash.
This can damage arteries, which can lead to a clot and then a stroke.
Yes it doesn't seem too safe, particularly as you get older and less flexible. Can also be dangerous holding a phone between your ear and shoulder. It cuts off the circulation the brain if you're unlucky.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 07:24 PM

I wash my hair when having a shower or bath. I really hate having my hair washed and dried at the hairdresser. They make such a meal of it. The worst thing is when a hair washer has false fingernails. It makes me feel out of control having to lean my head back etc. I'm not sure when all hairdressers started doing the massage thing. But I really like it when they ask whether you want one. I always say no thanks if they do. But some give you no choice.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

13-01-2019, 07:27 PM

Well, you could move the elastic mid wash.
To where?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

13-01-2019, 07:30 PM

To where?
To somewhere else
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

13-01-2019, 07:31 PM

To somewhere else
Ha! You’re full of great ideas!!

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top