Join for free
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 10:08 PM

Sing Something Simple

Following on from the Two-Way Family Favourites thread I'm in a nostalgic mood.

Anyone remember this show broadcast on the BBC Light Programme? Every Sunday from 7:00PM - it used to be on when mum and dad were getting ready to go to the Lindley Liberal Club and before we were tucked up in bed before the baby sitter turned up.

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 11:08 PM

Re: Sing Something Simple

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Anyone remember this show broadcast on the BBC Light Programme? Every Sunday from 7:00PM - it used to be on when mum and dad were getting ready to go to the Lindley Liberal Club and before we were tucked up in bed before the baby sitter turned up.
Oh yes Judd!!! Seems like it was only yesterday too
Don't remember the time it was on though.

(I hadn't seen the Family Favourites thread.... must look in on that one too. That's another I remember well..........)
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 07:33 AM

Ah yes - I remember it well.

What was the name of the singers?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Great juddy! Greendoor got me going again, cant believe l
still know all the words!
Definitely another one for the pub!

Regards Donkeyman!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Ah yes - I remember it well.

What was the name of the singers?
I think they were called the Cliff Adam Singers, Carol...
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 06:32 AM

God, I hated that programme. Talk about soulless - that and the Wakey Wakey of Billy Cotton make me feel depressed even now.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
God, I hated that programme. Talk about soulless - that and the Wakey Wakey of Billy Cotton make me feel depressed even now.

Ahhh yes, the Billy Cotton band show with Alan Breeze, Rita ??? and Russ Conway - I remember it well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqpAF3Pbwuk
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 06:33 AM

It was shows like that gave us the pirates.Thankfully.No one under the age of 40 was listening to music on the BBC
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
It was shows like that gave us the pirates.Thankfully.No one under the age of 40 was listening to music on the BBC
Some us had no choice when we were kids. It was the Home service or the Light Programme.

Thank goodness for Radio Caroline and Radio Luxembourg (208 on the medium wave ) which I listened to at night-time on a newly acquired cheap Japanese transistor radio. The signal wasn't very strong and used to drift in and out but it was better than listening to dead Loss and his orchestra and other forties throwbacks.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top