Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 11:15 AM

Re: Groundhog Day

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Let's get this straight, because now we are mixing two threads. On here fender entered the discussion by calling people saddo losers (post 23). You swim, try to explain you know him in person, and tell he is not as he comes over from this post.
Itsme takes a post from fender in another thread to argue that fender seems to be more xenophobic than his post in this thread suggests.

In that thread the discussion is about people coming in boats to the UK, and the suggestion to let them drown instead of aiding them.
You don't even know whether they are refugees or immigrants with economic motives. From this discussion fender's quote by itsme is taken.

I suggest we stop the discussion about immigrants here and continue in the thread Andrwe vs nigel.
As for fender's namecalling, it's for the supervisor to decide if it is permissible. As post 23 still stands I assume it is, so we have a standard for permissible namecalling.
I'll just have to assume you don't know the meaning of a xenophobe.

I think my Slovak wife / Bulgarian neighbours / Nigerian mates / Gurkha mates / Turkish mates / Kurdish mates may wish to disagree.
That aside, I've nearly ended up in scraps on occasion defending people who've had racist remarks thrown at them. One was on the circle line tube in London when I fronted two guys who called a Muslim woman wearing a burqa a ninja. Hardly the actions of a racist.

Like I said, stop assuming you know someone when clearly you have no idea.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 11:36 AM

Better start reading. Itsme is not me.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 11:42 AM

Apologies..

Never mind,
I've made my point anyway.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Apologies..

Never mind,
I've made my point anyway.
Point taken. As for what you wrote about wife, neighboursetc. I take you on your word.
I just can't bring together the guy you describe and the person with the boorish remarks on this forum.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 12:40 PM

Really?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

18-05-2019, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Really?
Your real name is thomas I presume?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

18-05-2019, 12:51 PM

Point taken. As for what you wrote about wife, neighboursetc. I take you on your word.
I just can't bring together the guy you describe and the person with the boorish remarks on this forum.
I get why you think that, but personalities can be complex.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

18-05-2019, 01:17 PM

I get why you think that, but personalities can be complex.
My loss I have to make do with the guy on this forum and not the live version. 🤞
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 06:02 PM

I'm describing people coming here holding their begging bowls for their freebies.
Of course they're economic migrants and not refugees.
Where do you think they got the boat / fuel / supplies to come across the channel?, from a bloody Christmas cracker? - They paid traffickers.
We have enough of our own needy to look after, so could do without these scroungers as well.
What is it with you and economic immigrants? are you saying you would let them drown/gun them down/etc as has been proposed on this forum.

Do you mean people like my grandfather who left Ireland to find work or others who went to the states or even myself who worked in France and other countries because I couldn't find work here due to the witch Thatcher.

The world is built on immigration throughout time immemorial either by peaceful means or by invasion.

It's about time that you and others of your tribe started to realise that although we are surrounded by water, we are not an island.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

19-05-2019, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
What is it with you and economic immigrants? are you saying you would let them drown/gun them down/etc as has been proposed on this forum.

Do you mean people like my grandfather who left Ireland to find work or others who went to the states or even myself who worked in France and other countries because I couldn't find work here due to the witch Thatcher.

The world is built on immigration throughout time immemorial either by peaceful means or by invasion.

It's about time that you and others of your tribe started to realise that although we are surrounded by water, we are not an island.
I've neither said that or inferred it, so don't infer that I did.
My problem is the ones that come here with a sense of entitlement and for handouts. I've said that many times. Trouble is with dipsticks like you is that you interpret posts just to suit yourselves.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top