Join for free
Page 1502 of 1502 « First < 502 1002 1402 1452 1492 1500 1501 1502
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Today, 07:33 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

How did you know I was curious, did you also notice, the 15000th post happened on the 1500th page.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Today, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
RJ, I'm a bit strapped at the moment, how about some P2P lending, this may not be the first time I have needed a olive branch.

Talking about being strapped for cash, my money was very small when I was an apprentice, in those days one had to ask for a rise otherwise you would be conveniently forgotten about, I kid you not.
Anyway I was due a good rise so I asked an old hand in the workshop what was the best way to approach the boss in order to get the best deal I could. He told me that the boss was a miserable old git and I would have to be firm with him, he respected bravery in young lads. He toldme what to say and do and I listened very carefully to his words then stored them in my mind word for word.
Came the Friday and I walked into the small office with me pay packet opened and displayed all of my 17 shillings and 6 pence in the palm of my hand. The boss looked at me and said
“Hello there Jimmy, you’re looking very serious”
“Well I’m feeling very serious Mr. Bernstein”
“Why’s that Jimmy?”
“I’m looking for a rise in me pay Mr. Bernstein”
“OK, so how does half a crown extra a week sound to you?”
“Sounds great Mr Bernstein, ten years ago!”
“Get out you impertinent little pup, talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth!”
All the others in the workshop had been looking in the office window, they heard everything and were doubled up laughing. About a month after that I got an extra half dollar in me packet.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Today, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
RJ, I'm a bit strapped at the moment, how about some P2P lending, this may not be the first time I have needed a olive branch.
SOZ

I don't understand, I am a bit stupid today.

Is it cryptic ?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Today, 04:24 PM

This might help explain it RJ, the wife cried when I played it just now, it used to be her Dad’s party piece.

One would think she would toss a few quid over to her poor unfortunate bored stiff hubby and tell him to go out and have a few jars, not a bit of it, hard as nails that woman of mine.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Today, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
One would think she would toss a few quid over to her poor unfortunate bored stiff hubby and tell him to go out and have a few jars, not a bit of it, hard as nails that woman of mine.
You are handling this all wrong ...Take a tip from my friends hubby. If he wants to go out and starts to get grief he offers to do the washing up, then drops a few cups. She has him out of the house so fast his feet don't touch the ground.

We all know what he is up to but as yet she has not twigged on.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

Today, 08:39 PM

Thanks for the tip Solo, good thinking that.
Two of her sisters have just arrived and we’ll all be going local shortly, bless them, with all the slagging I give them (and they me) they are great company.

“Spitfire in near-miss with light aircraft after stunt” BBC news story today.

Good grief Spitty I thought you only went to the air shows to watch the planes not to fly them, don’t ya think your a bit long in the tooth to be acting the maggot with fancy stunts?

Page 1502 of 1502 « First < 502 1002 1402 1452 1492 1500 1501 1502

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top