Join for free
Page 241 of 370 « First < 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 251 291 341 > Last »
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:26 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes, strange your machines convert everything into pounds...

...I guess it's just a matter of getting used to the new equipment and once you do you'll be racking up those numbers. Love it!
I figured out the App is probably American and they don't use Metric over there. There's an option to change it over though, so I might do that.

You're doing well as always, Floydy. Are you finally over that bug you had?

It's nice to see a bit of progress even in a couple of weeks. I don't want to push it too soon as I am, at the back of my mind, a bit cautious when training. It's only been 6 months since I went back to training, after a 6 month layoff with the heart attack. I feel fine, but there's always a Jiminy Cricket on my shoulder telling me to be sensible.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I figured out the App is probably American and they don't use Metric over there. There's an option to change it over though, so I might do that.

You're doing well as always, Floydy. Are you finally over that bug you had?

It's nice to see a bit of progress even in a couple of weeks. I don't want to push it too soon as I am, at the back of my mind, a bit cautious when training. It's only been 6 months since I went back to training, after a 6 month layoff with the heart attack. I feel fine, but there's always a Jiminy Cricket on my shoulder telling me to be sensible.
Yes of course mate, always best to take things cautiously. Few kilos (or pounds!) at a time

No mate I'm still coughing.
My chest x-ray came back and was clear. Nothing wrong with me. Obviously that's good, but there's still something not right as I wouldn't have had a cough for so long. Must be an allergy or breathing in all that dust over the years at work.
My ears are another issue. I went for a syringe today and they are worse than before. I've booked a new appointment with a doctor to see if he can refer me to the hospital for 'suction' on them. Apparently it works really well...why oh why haven't they mentioned this before - I've had this problem over thirty years!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:49 PM

My ears are another issue. I went for a syringe today and they are worse than before. I've booked a new appointment with a doctor to see if he can refer me to the hospital for 'suction' on them. Apparently it works really well...why oh why haven't they mentioned this before - I've had this problem over thirty years!
Floydy I used to get my ears syringed regularly, then the practice nurse said it was not working any longer but making things worse, and my doctor referred me to get them hoovered (suctioned).
It's brilliant!! Very effective. Make a Big Fuss and see if you can get fast tracked...tell them you're feeling depressed that should do it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Floydy I used to get my ears syringed regularly, then the practice nurse said it was not working any longer but making things worse, and my doctor referred me to get them hoovered (suctioned).
It's brilliant!! Very effective. Make a Big Fuss and see if you can get fast tracked...tell them you're feeling depressed that should do it.
That's exactly what the nurse said to me, Ruthio. I'm definitely depressed.
I'm booked in to see the doc in two weeks' time which the first appointment I can get! Meanwhile, I'm almost deaf as a post from yesterday's syringing. It's no fun as I have a concert to go to tonight
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 01:38 AM

Hi, just a quick check in to say I have been reading and am happy to see so much activity around here. I've been running, though not so much, and have done yoga every night.

To every nurse and doctor, I drop hints about the benefits of possibly turning a small space into a fitness area with a few weights, machines, and place to do weights, and how grateful I am for the breaks to be able to run.

The hospital is on a university campus that has many beautiful gothic buildings, including a gorgeous cathedral, which is not a common sight here in the states. On the days that I haven't run, I've walked a few miles roundtrip to sit and enjoy the tranquility of the massive space, illuminated by the kaleidoscope light of the stained glass windows.

For all their dedication and state-of-the-art treatments, hospitals still miss the big three: excellent nutrition, plenty of sleep, and exercise. We are gently encouraging each and doing what we can to work around a lack of each.

Pressing on, and wishing you all well. We are going to be here a few more weeks, thank goodness for the gardens, wide sidewalks, and beautiful architecture to lift the spirits.

Good health and good moving to you all!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 10:28 AM

That's exactly what the nurse said to me, Ruthio. I'm definitely depressed.
I'm booked in to see the doc in two weeks' time which the first appointment I can get! Meanwhile, I'm almost deaf as a post from yesterday's syringing. It's no fun as I have a concert to go to tonight

Floydy, how's your ears this morning, any clearer?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 11:01 AM

Good to hear from you Surfermom, glad you have found some interesting things to do to pass the time. If there's one thing I know about hospitals, it's the waiting and boredom that befalls all who enter. Best wishes to your daughter and hope she responds well to the treatments....The forum becomes a lonely place with no other runner to confide in.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-01-2019, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Floydy, how's your ears this morning, any clearer?
No Mups, thanks for asking but they are worse. I can't hear a thing and I'm seriously depressed about this now. I have another appointment on Monday with the practice nurse but I can't see her being able to do anything as my ears are in pain. I need the suction doing by the hospital but virtually immediately as I can't drive and if I miss work I'll get a written warning - that's how they are there. Not a happy bunny at the moment I'm afraid. There's a further note in the thread about rough pubs.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-01-2019, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Hi, just a quick check in to say I have been reading and am happy to see so much activity around here. I've been running, though not so much, and have done yoga every night.

To every nurse and doctor, I drop hints about the benefits of possibly turning a small space into a fitness area with a few weights, machines, and place to do weights, and how grateful I am for the breaks to be able to run.

The hospital is on a university campus that has many beautiful gothic buildings, including a gorgeous cathedral, which is not a common sight here in the states. On the days that I haven't run, I've walked a few miles roundtrip to sit and enjoy the tranquility of the massive space, illuminated by the kaleidoscope light of the stained glass windows.

For all their dedication and state-of-the-art treatments, hospitals still miss the big three: excellent nutrition, plenty of sleep, and exercise. We are gently encouraging each and doing what we can to work around a lack of each.

Pressing on, and wishing you all well. We are going to be here a few more weeks, thank goodness for the gardens, wide sidewalks, and beautiful architecture to lift the spirits.

Good health and good moving to you all!
Nice to see you in here again, Suzie.
It would be a good idea if hospitals had a weights or fitness area I agree, and I suspect most do have that facility in their physio department, but for relatives who need to stay there for a certain amount of time it would be a worthwhile addition. I don't know what your hospitals are like in the US but I'm sure they are far better equipped financially to do that sort of thing than our cash-strapped NHS, which is on its last legs.

Best wishes to your daughter, hope she's recovering well
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 03:08 PM

No exercise the day Floydy, just a fat lazy day by the fire.

Page 241 of 370 « First < 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 251 291 341 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top