Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 02:29 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
No, they are not dead.
they'd soon be if I was there - damaging peoples cares and stealing their walnuts?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
they'd soon be if I was there - damaging peoples cares and stealing their walnuts?
Oh, they steal anything and jump on your head. x
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 02:35 PM

how disgusting! - well my Gibraltar visit will definitely avoid the monks!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 02:37 PM

how disgusting! - well my Gibraltar visit will definitely avoid the monks!!
I will take lots of pics. I treat the Apes with respect, so I am fine, oh and I know the guy that looks after them.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

03-03-2019, 02:39 PM

know the guy that looks after them.
'who' looks after them doll!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

03-03-2019, 02:41 PM

'who' looks after them doll!
https://www.yourgibraltartv.com/othe...gibraltar-apes
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 03:03 PM

Looking at yesterdays runners at Doncaster, there was an outsider going called “Whattheburlersaw”, I was going to put a few shillings on it but then the horse was scratched.
It made me think of the time that great lady horse owner of the 50’s/60’s, Lady Ann Biddle, had a horse called Fanny running at Baldoyle racecourse back in 1962, just before the off the horse got loose and galloped off down the track, when it was eventually caught the horse was in no fit state to run and had to be withdrawn. I was there that day with my dad, and the announcement come over the PA system “Lady Ann Biddle’s Fanny has just been scratched” Oh those innocent days of yore.

What did the butler see anyway? you hear it a lot but nobody seems to know what he actually saw?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

03-03-2019, 03:13 PM

almost as bad as the guy who had a horse he called "two balls"?? and had that scratched!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

03-03-2019, 03:24 PM

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 05:51 PM

Ok...it's 1967,a Saturday morning-and I'm out with the coalman,doing my 'Saturday Job' [which all young teens had in those days]. It started with arriving at the coalyard,finding out who wanted what,filling all the sacks as required [ie,coal,coke,'best',sharpies,large,small-cut,etc] amnd loading them onto the truck. Then we used to go to Jim's Cafe,where a big brekkie was the order of the day [and in truth,the only meal of the week I'd eat]

This particular Saturday,the other coalmen were all perusing papers,looking at runners in the National. Slim asked me which one I fancied-he'd put a shilling on for me. I had NO [munch,munch] interest or [chomp,chomp] knowledge of such things,so I said [scoff,scoff] THAT one-and pointed at a rather nice name. Ok,yes,the other 'Saturday Boys' all laughed,scoffed,told me I was 'a tit'....and the coalmen weren't much better OR much less scornful.

Ok...fast-forward one week...
Done all the loading and stacking,got to the [drool] door of Jim's Cafe for that GLORIOUS meal I dreamed of all week.....Slim said "You go in,I'll just be a second". So I pushed the door open,walked in...and a MASSIVE round of applause and congratulations,back-slapping and "Howja do that,kid?!"-type greeting met me. I had NO idea what/what/what???....but it turhed out al the otyer horses had falen over,so MY choice,that name that I just liked-but my cooked breakfast was far more important-who was trundling along at the very back,sort of 'stepped over' them,then pootled off to the winning post! Yeah...1967. Foinavon. I,via Slim,got 100/1 odds,when my shilling was put on! So,for a shilling,I won £5...which was TEN Saturday Job days,all in one!
[money was a bit more valued in those days,children...]

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top