Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 07:18 PM

Re: Which browser are you using?

Jury's still out with Chrome, but I'm sticking with it for a few days trying to adapt to the different functionality, although I do enjoy the extra speed it seems to afford....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2011, 01:22 AM

If you don't like Chrome or any of the others be sure to give Opera a go

But whatever you do steer clear of IE - it really is that bad
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2011, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->

But whatever you do steer clear of IE - it really is that bad

Could you actually explain what is so wrong with ie8.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

09-06-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->

Yeah , i`d like to hear Azz`s take on that too as well as what he thinks of ie9 . ......

And is anyone going to explain to anniemuldoon that " Yahoo " is a search engine and not a browser , she wont learn if nobody points it out to her will she ?

Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
Yeah , i`d like to hear Azz`s take on that too as well as what he thinks of ie9 . ......
Do you guys even bother to read my posts

They contain links that give you details, but for the lazy here:

See all the red crosses? They're meant to be green ticks! In other words those web standards have not been adopted! Which makes web developers

And

See chrome has all features - versus IEs that has the least. If you want to see what each is go here:

http://html5readiness.com/
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2011, 08:48 PM

I never though I would change from IE having tried Firefox and hated it.
Now I have changed to Chrome I wish I had done so ages ago, gone are the days when I had time to make a cup of coffee while IE loaded a page if it loaded it at all. Of late the screen had a white veil over it and a message appeared to say IE was unable to access the page.

The font size change in the Google search box on the Google tool was the last straw for me, it caused all sorts of problems for some IE users myself included. I read some other people were also experiencing ''very slow response, delayed keystroke display, lock-up'',

I like the spell checker on Chrome too, if you miss spell a word it underlines it in red.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2011, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

I like the spell checker on Chrome too, if you miss spell a word it underlines it in red.

I have had the google tool bar for years which has this spell checker.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2011, 11:02 PM

I have had the google tool bar for years which has this spell checker.
So have I Galty but you have to activate the one on the tool bar, this one highlights a problem automatically as you type.
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2011, 08:23 PM

Azz's reply to my thread.**************************

South Wales, UK

11-10-2010, 01:51 PM#2 I use Opera, but think google Chrome is a good, clean, fast and safe browser (my second favourite).

__________________________________________________ ___________

I opened a thread a while back and in Azz's defence he let me know that Chrome was good then although he was using another browser. There have been allot of improvements to Google chrome over the last few month's and they are very focused in making the browser function better, I enjoy by using the spanner icon then going to the under the bonnet bit you can clear browsing history/cache very easily and the personal settings are very easy to use, it is a lot quicker than Firefox. Also a good tip is un-tick Predict network actions to improve page load performance in the options/under the bonnet bit and it really does speed up initial start up.

Why not just give it a go, remember to import you data/settings ECT, also remember to set up your bookmarks. Again under the bonnet= always show bookmarks.

Hope this makes sense, any questions I will try to help if I can. Oh! it is a lot easier to use Picasa (photo suit) from chrome, also blogger.

All the best

Adrian
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2011, 06:48 PM

I've decided to stick with Chrome now after test driving it for a few days and, like some others, wish I'd done it years ago. Thanks for the heads up Azz....

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top