Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 04:03 PM

Re: It's an Omen - A Christmas Comet

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I finally spied the little tuft of a comet a few nights ago. The neat thing about this one was that the orbital path made it possible to notice in the position change in just three hours time.
Love it. Are you like me Surfer, would love to be up there in a space ship with a clear view?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 04:11 PM

Absolutely! Not sure if I mentioned it but I worked on the Hubble project during the mirror mess. I thought about hitching a ride but there was no place to keep a sandwich .

The closest thing I get is once/twice a year to the big telescopes on Hawai'i, even though most of the work is not done remotely or at sea level in Waimea.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Absolutely! Not sure if I mentioned it but I worked on the Hubble project during the mirror mess. I thought about hitching a ride but there was no place to keep a sandwich .

The closest thing I get is once/twice a year to the big telescopes on Hawai'i, even though most of the work is not done remotely or at sea level in Waimea.
Wow! That sounds amazing. I would love to do that. Btw, wasn't there talk of a large comet around this time that would be visible during the day? I seem to remember reading about it a few years ago but cannot find any reference to it now.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 11:34 AM

[Hi Bruce, thanks for the info ,but l think you are wasting your time as most people in UK and especially under the London bubble don't know the sky exists. You are very lucky to be living in the southern hemisphere.Regards,Donkeyman.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top