Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 03:45 PM

Re: E-on and those B***** smart meters again

Problem with doing nothing Donkeyman is that at some point they will use the "nil return" "no response" as an excuse to go ahead and install a Smart Meter.

The energy companies are MASSIVELY behind schedule with the roll out of the meters in the UK. To the extent that they may get fined by government for failing the targets.

So sooner or later they will do almost anything to get the meters out there. Nefarious means will be deployed imho.

That's why being pro-active is important.

At the least put A4 laminated sheets in your meter box forbidding the installation of any smart meter at your property.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 06:00 PM

They can't get to my meter unless I unlock the garage door for them, so a meter can't be installed unless I say it can.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
This was on the radio the other day, it’s bully boy tactics to force you to have a smart meter, if you do want one though , make sure it’s the latest mits2 meter, the old mits1 should have been withdrawn, realist is the man with all the info on these,, find one of his posts , I won’t be having one fitted.
Was it really? Ooooh... they are barstewards aren't they. I feel we should all sue for harassment.

I'm fed up with telling 'em NO! It's definitely Harassment with a capital 'H'
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
They can't get to my meter unless I unlock the garage door for them, so a meter can't be installed unless I say it can.
They can't get to mine in unless they have my house key, which they don't.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Two years ago l received a letter from eon saying that my meter must be changed as it was an old model and it could start to become unreliable so l should make an appointment,which l duly did,however on appointment day nobody showed up and nobody phoned to to cancel. or explain why, so l put it out of my mind.
However,soon after, lstarted getting letters saying l must make another appointment,. which l ignored , as l was a bit p----ssd off with them.
Now l have been receiving letters every month for almost 20 months,it seems they have given up at last.
I suspect that the letters are way of lining up work for contractors to.
carry out and the meters do not need changing at all !
Perhaps others have experienced similar behaviour.
Best regards,. Donkeyman.

The meters do actually have a certified life of 15 to 20 years after which they are supposed to be replaced even though they are probably working fine. I'd have a smart meter but only if it was a generation 2 and would work with all providers.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 08:26 AM

No 'smart' meter will ever cross my doorstep!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Problem with doing nothing Donkeyman is that at some point they will use the "nil return" "no response" as an excuse to go ahead and install a Smart Meter.

The energy companies are MASSIVELY behind schedule with the roll out of the meters in the UK. To the extent that they may get fined by government for failing the targets.

So sooner or later they will do almost anything to get the meters out there. Nefarious means will be deployed imho.

That's why being pro-active is important.

At the least put A4 laminated sheets in your meter box forbidding the installation of any smart meter at your property.
Realist, my meter is in my bedroom.l believe the meter reader
works for a different entity and therefore probably won't pass on any
information he finds in my meter box.And l won't let any meter
installers into my house without a prearranged appointment
So unless eon can keep to their appointments on time and show
some due diligence l will continue to ignore them.
Regards,Donkeyman.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 11:22 AM

Are you aware that if you change energy suppliers they then have to change the smart meter supplied by the new company. No doubt at your expense.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Are you aware that if you change energy suppliers they then have to change the smart meter supplied by the new company. No doubt at your expense.
Doesn't that only apply to the older obsolete smart meters? the only thing you might need to get changed nowadays is the SIM card. (I don't have one because I don't have solar so I am not 100% sure but I thought that was in the stuff the government put out)
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Doesn't that only apply to the older obsolete smart meters? the only thing you might need to get changed nowadays is the SIM card. (I don't have one because I don't have solar so I am not 100% sure but I thought that was in the stuff the government put out)
You mean we have to purchase a sim. card Brucy, or is that
only in. Billabong

Best regards. Donkeyman.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top