Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 05:34 PM

Re: A gardening tip

With three girl dogs our lawn is pretty much yellow all over most of the time but we found a way to make it greener and smell better by diluting zoflora disinfectant in plenty of water and watering the patches. Keep the dogs off them though as it's poisonous if they ingest it. We do a third each weekend and it greens up pretty fast.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 05:42 PM

The simplest, and safest way, is to watch our dogs.
See where they pee, and go out and water it down immediately.
No nasty chemicals, perfectly safe, and will prevent the grass going yellow in the first place.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
According to Bob Flowerdew, the organic gardener, he reckons this is a good tip.

Quote:

"Want a really green lawn? Just pee in the watering can, dilute well, and apply often . . . . and don't tell anyone! "

Easier for the men perhaps.
I am assuming that you don’t pee into your watering can whilst outside on hot front lawn?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I am assuming that you don’t pee into your watering can whilst outside on hot front lawn?
Monty will be giving a demonstration on Friday's Gardeners' World.
issi
scotland
issi is female  issi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 10:13 PM

Ha Ha that was so funny Mags.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 12:17 AM

I saw an ad today for some growmore lawn feed and they had a dog at the end cavorting on the green lawn. They then had a subtext that was on and off superfast about pets being kept off the lawn for a specified period. So they showed the dog as if it's safe for pets and then they had the small print. I thought it was pretty irresponsible.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I saw an ad today for some growmore lawn feed and they had a dog at the end cavorting on the green lawn. They then had a subtext that was on and off superfast about pets being kept off the lawn for a specified period. So they showed the dog as if it's safe for pets and then they had the small print. I thought it was pretty irresponsible.

I agree, Annie.
They make it plain enough by saying verbally, about keeping kids away from those laundry satchets, so they should have to be equally as clear about animal safety too.

They should make it clear their product is safe after a certain period of time only.
After all, the animals are not walking through it with protective boots on like humans do, and they stick their faces in it to sniff about too.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 12:44 PM

O dear

Have not done it so far this year but on my allotment would always piss into a Litre bottle and spread the contents over my compost bin.

Un diluted
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by issi ->
Ha Ha that was so funny Mags.
It was, I can just picture it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top