Join for free
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 03:25 PM

Lone wolf - or following instructions?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-stabbed.html

ISIS and ISIS supporters have been calling for lone wolf attacks against us, presumably because Islamic activist cells have been getting broken into whereas a committed devout individual is very much harder to spot in advance.

This latest apparently senseless attack, which I'd already being downplayed as not being terrorist related, fits perfectly into what is to be expected from a lone wolf attack.

Just as attacks by the devout observant Islamic terrorists have been dismissed as having been undertaken by those with mental illness in the past (though that has recently been abandoned) how much longer will it before there is an admission that cases such as this are mostly as a result of the ongoing calls to hit us in our homeland?

Houston, the problem we have is getting bigger.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 03:30 PM

Re: Lone wolf - or following instructions?

I see no connection or even any mention of Isis in the article .... if anything it says it's not connected to terrorism.
More to do with the increasing wave of knife crime I'd have thought.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 03:31 PM

I can't really understand what people expected to happen after daeth was beaten, they weren't meekly going to say that's ok then we will behave nicely now. They were bound to spread out to hide in populations and do what murdering monsters normally do, murder as many people as they can.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I see no connection or even any mention of Isis in the article .... if anything it says it's not connected to terrorism.
More to do with the increasing wave of knife crime I'd have thought.
Common or Garden knife crime usually is based on turf wars or robbery or drugs. Random attacks for no obvious reason are a very different matter.

While the odd lunatic that we now allow to walk our streets are capable of anything the probability that random attacks are as a result of the call to arms by Islamic devout activists is asymptoting towards one especially with the huge increase in such attacks in recent times.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

31-03-2019, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I can't really understand what people expected to happen after daeth was beaten, they weren't meekly going to say that's ok then we will behave nicely now. They were bound to spread out to hide in populations and do what murdering monsters normally do, murder as many people as they can.
What they do is not murder, at least not for the followers of The Path to the Water.

The blood is on their own heads of those that are put to death.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Common or Garden knife crime usually is based on turf wars or robbery or drugs. Random attacks for no obvious reason are a very different matter.

While the odd lunatic that we now allow to walk our streets are capable of anything the probability that random attacks are as a result of the call to arms by Islamic devout activists is asymptoting towards one especially with the huge increase in such attacks in recent times.
You could well be right .... I shan't dispute it though I'm reluctant to adopt it as a foregone conclusion but I just have this feeling that had you been around when Jack Ripper was running amok in London you'd probably claim he was a devout Islamic nutter too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You could well be right .... I shan't dispute it though I'm reluctant to adopt it as a foregone conclusion but I just have this feeling that had you been around when Jack Ripper was running amok in London you'd probably claim he was a devout Islamic nutter too.
That shouldn't be funny but it made me laugh sorry morti.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 12:45 PM

In today's paper TM and SJ are 'passing the buck' saying hospitals, social services, schools GPs, Teachers, etc; should tackle this problem.
Why not, for instance, make carrying a knife, carry a sentence of a minimum of five years in jail. Using a knife carry a sentence of life behind bars.
The government could do this tomorrow but of course they won,t do this for it may incur the wrath of our masters in Brussels of 'infringing on Human Rights'
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 10:27 PM

I don't think that it is passing the buck this has to be a joint endeavour .
The police can't do it alone.
Schools would be a good start .
Probaby the inner city schools where knife crime is rife .
What wrong with more stop and search ?
Maybe the army could help out as there are not enough police .
This stuff has to be stopped in its tracks .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 10:39 PM

The dispersal of power needs serious consideration, without the knee jerking.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top