Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 11:28 AM

Re: My Garden.

Seeing your polytunnel that is what Sue wanted as they are not that expensive. However we have some huge oak tree (nextdoors) hanging over where we wanted to put it and i could see it being ripped by falling twigs.
So I decided to put up a proper glass greenhouse instead.

Before it was stocked up

We are now waiting for a tree surgeon to cut down the overhanging branches to which the neighbour has agreed to at our cost.

All the branches over the border line are being cut down, not just on our border but on another border as well behind us. This means at least half the tree canopy will go. The person who has the trees in his garden has not joined in to have his side done as well
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

That worked, so here goes.

My new polytunnel and two of the raised beds.

It will not let me post anymore, it says a security token is missing.

You're getting there, Swims.

I had a very long polytunnel years ago. It eventually started to tear, but was good for a long time before it's demise.

All these jobs take time, you'll get there.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Seeing your polytunnel that is what Sue wanted as they are not that expensive. However we have some huge oak tree (nextdoors) hanging over where we wanted to put it and i could see it being ripped by falling twigs.
So I decided to put up a proper glass greenhouse instead.

Before it was stocked up

We are now waiting for a tree surgeon to cut down the overhanging branches to which the neighbour has agreed to at our cost.

All the branches over the border line are being cut down, not just on our border but on another border as well behind us. This means at least half the tree canopy will go. The person who has the trees in his garden has not joined in to have his side done as well
Do you know whether the tree has a protection order on Realspeed. We have a huge oak tree on the border of our land. There is a lot of dead wood in it now, but we are not allowed to touch it unless we get permission from the Council and then the Council dictate how much can be taken off and who does the work, even though we would have to pay.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 03:59 PM

Aerolor

there is no TPO on these trees.

The 4 oak trees in my garden has.
We applied to have them "crowned" but the council only allowed the dead branches - overhanging next door to over 12 ft and trunks to be removed.
We went into what was and what was not allowed and the penalties for breaching orders.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 04:34 PM

My garden used to be heavy clay, I incorporated some fine grit and sand as well as compost to help break it down and it is very good now .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Aerolor

there is no TPO on these trees.

The 4 oak trees in my garden has.
We applied to have them "crowned" but the council only allowed the dead branches - overhanging next door to over 12 ft and trunks to be removed.
We went into what was and what was not allowed and the penalties for breaching orders.

TPO's are on so many of the trees around where we live realspeed. These days it is almost impossible to get much done about them unless they become dangerous. At one time they were maintained by the Council but nowadays anything that needs doing has to be properly applied for and if work is allowed it has to be paid for by the house owner making the application. Next door have just paid over a thousand pounds on one tree and it is difficult to see what has been done. Luckily the trees are far away from the house that we don't have to worry if they fall on it and the wildlife enjoy them being there.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 05:12 PM

Hi

Still having problems with photos, no idea what a Security Voucher is.

I have loads of new plants to go in, a lot from the Sunday Market, which is very cheap.

The Supermarkets have over ordered, so perennials for £1.50 each or 5 for £5.

Morrison's have some amazing bargains at the moment, at least locally.

A fraction of the price of Dobies.

An 8 foot bamboo for £20, climbers for £5.

Happy Days.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 05:19 PM

Hi

I have loads of new plants to go in, a lot from the Sunday Market, which is very cheap.

Happy Days.
Wow £20!!
Unfortunately my local Morrisons is too small to stock plants but I love bamboo
I love the oriental look of them and sound they make in a breeze

Lucky you Swims
You'll have a garden fit for a king in no time!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 09:49 PM

Hi

Happy Days.

Be careful with the Bamboo, Swim, I believe it can spread like wildfire if you don't contain it.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 06:24 PM

Totally agree with the above if you put it in the ground contain it in a pot but they do break out there roots are strong. In a pot is a great idea.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top