Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 09:49 AM

Re: When should you notify pet insurers?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Thanks everyone. I don't think I will need to claim on this occasion and what I have paid is under £80, but I am just thinking that as it's on the record and as he has the luxating patella condition they may try to wriggle out of a claim if in future that leg becomes a problem.

I must say I haven't read the T&Cs as no idea where I have put the latest policy letter etc. But it's petplan so I am hoping those who had used them might know.

I think I will tell them anyway. I did mention that he has grade 1 luxation on that leg when he had the op on the other leg last year,

He is getting better thanks and he would love to run around the garden.

As you say Annie, not worth claiming for £80. Do you know what the excess is on your policy?
If for example, you have to pay the first £100, then you can't really claim for £80 can you.

If it does recur or get worse, they will check with your vet regarding his records to find out if there has been a previous problem with his patella, so will find out anyway.

It might never happen again though. Some of these patella's pop out when they shouldn't and make them lame, others will only pop out under pressure but then right themselves again.

Talk to your vet, he should advise you on this, as he will have to be involved with any claim anyway.

Only time will tell how it's going to go, and as I said, it may never happen again.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top