Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 05:17 PM

Can you see this happening here ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/storie...-t-pick-up-poo
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 06:59 PM

Re: Can you see this happening here ?

I've been disgusted in dog owners ever since I started walking my foster dogs in the park and dog park. The amount of dog pooh left behind by bad owners is just awful. However to find the responsible owners they do have to have a DNA sample from the dog as well as the sample from the ground.
We would need a proper register of all dogs to be able to find offenders. Sadly it would probably be the responsible dog owners who would register and the bad owners wouldn't bother.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I've been disgusted in dog owners ever since I started walking my foster dogs in the park and dog park. The amount of dog pooh left behind by bad owners is just awful. However to find the responsible owners they do have to have a DNA sample from the dog as well as the sample from the ground.
We would need a proper register of all dogs to be able to find offenders. Sadly it would probably be the responsible dog owners who would register and the bad owners wouldn't bother.
I think it's a legal requirement here to have your dog micro chipped. Ours is - and tagged.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 08:57 PM

They have the littler police jumping out from behind trees in my area. I suppose they could extend it and have Poo Police, as there is a 'fine' already in place for owners not picking up, but I doubt we could afford to do DNA testing even if all the dogs were registered.. it is a bit OTT.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I think it's a legal requirement here to have your dog micro chipped. Ours is - and tagged.

Yes. Microchipping was made Law in April 2016.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 10:41 PM

But has nothing to do with DNA identification.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
But has nothing to do with DNA identification.

Ey? I never said it had.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 11:29 PM

So what has it to do with this thread? I'll tell you, nothing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-05-2019, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
So what has it to do with this thread? I'll tell you, nothing.

If you look back at post 3 by Besoeker, he didn't seem positive if microchipping was law or not, so I was answering his post.

Please don't try to make something out of nothing, Mr. Grumpy!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top