Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 11:51 AM

Police pull over Peterborough banned driver with 51 points on licence

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48160507

1 hour ago

Officers stopped a car in Lincoln Road, Peterborough, on Friday after they recognised the man behind the wheel as a banned driver.

On Twitter, Beds Cambs and Herts Road Policing said: "He has 51 points on his licence. Yes, that is 51."

The driver was reported to court and his car seized, police said.
Presumably, the driver will just get another car .....

What should (or can) law enforcement do with banned drivers to stop them flouting bans .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 11:59 AM

Re: Police pull over Peterborough banned driver with 51 points on licence

I suppose if someone continually disregards their ban then they should be arrested and serve a prison sentence, otherwise, what's the point of the points system. Unless you are one of the Royals of course.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 01:20 PM

Surely a life ban , huge fine , or and time in prison
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 03:03 PM

As a person banned from driving this person would also have been uninsured, the possibility of a serious accident without proper compensation would have been considerable. Also it is doubtful if the vehicle was MoT'd or taxed.

This is just another example of those who break the laws that we mostly all abide by, just sticking two fingers up at society generally, doing exactly as they please. This I see as yet another example of punishment not fitting the crime. This country is going, or has already gone soft on adequately punishing the wrong-doer in all areas of life, so setting the example for others that it's easy to get away with doing exactly as you please.

Imagine how the morale of those police officers must be affected! They do their job but see someone like this getting away with it time after time. At a guess with 12 points being where a ban would be imposed that driver has ignored the law at least three or four times. That person should have been handed an adequate prison sentence a long time ago, in my opinion.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
As a person banned from driving this person would also have been uninsured, the possibility of a serious accident without proper compensation would have been considerable. Also it is doubtful if the vehicle was MoT'd or taxed.

This is just another example of those who break the laws that we mostly all abide by, just sticking two fingers up at society generally, doing exactly as they please. This I see as yet another example of punishment not fitting the crime. This country is going, or has already gone soft on adequately punishing the wrong-doer in all areas of life, so setting the example for others that it's easy to get away with doing exactly as you please.

Imagine how the morale of those police officers must be affected! They do their job but see someone like this getting away with it time after time. At a guess with 12 points being where a ban would be imposed that driver has ignored the law at lea!st three or four times. That person should have been handed an adequate prison sentence a long time ago, in my opinion.
How or what does one have to do to become or serve as
a magistrate in this country?
Clearly one or more miscarriages of justice have taken place
in this instance, and it needs to be corrected, with some sort
of sanction against the magistrate or magistrates concerned!
Do the police have any sort of system to correct things of
thiis nature?

Best Regards Donkeyman
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 03:50 PM

Yep. I agree with Baz's post.

If they let this man go free again, does anyone honestly think he will mend his way, because I don't.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 04:20 PM

Retired traffic police would make ideal magistrates, for those who repeatedly commit offences. They would be aware of the grief they cause to law abiding road users.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
How or what does one have to do to become or serve as
a magistrate in this country?
Clearly one or more miscarriages of justice have taken place
in this instance, and it needs to be corrected, with some sort
of sanction against the magistrate or magistrates concerned!
Do the police have any sort of system to correct things of
thiis nature?

Best Regards Donkeyman

I agree donkeyman , these magisgrates infuriate me where is common sense . Its just too easy to be a criminal in this country and laugh at the law. How the police must feel i just dont know
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Retired traffic police would make ideal magistrates, for those who repeatedly commit offences. They would be aware of the grief they cause to law abiding road users.
Brilliant idea Cinderella, how can we get it arranged?

Regards Donkeyman!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
these magisgrates infuriate me where is common sense . Its just too easy to be a criminal in this country and laugh at the law.
You are looking at it from the wrong angle. What you must understand is that magistrates and judges all have one thing in common and that is maintaining the level of crime where it is now because then they will always have a job.

That is what the people handing down sentances always keep in mind "How do I maintain the level of crime so that I can continue to live a grandiose life style" and believe me these people (especially the judges) do live a wonderful life.

Self interest doesn't just apply to ordinary people it applies to judges and magistrates just as much.

If you are ever unfortunate enough to meet a judge or magistrate and they deny the above just say to them:-
"OK if that is not your motive for sentancing criminals then resign NOW, this MINUTE" I can guarantee they won't do that

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top