Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 10:19 AM

Our hard working MP's.

Hi

Working hard to serve us and resolve the biggest issue in a generation.

They do need some time off however, the frail darlings.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ime-again.html

In the six months since the original leaving date of 29th March until the new leaving date at the end of October, they have given themselves 83 days away from Parliament.

I would lock them all in Westminster, close all the bars and feed them from a Food Bank until they get their act together.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 10:37 AM

Re: Our hard working MP's.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Working hard to serve us and resolve the biggest issue in a generation.

They do need some time off however, the frail darlings.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ime-again.html

In the six months since the original leaving date of 29th March until the new leaving date at the end of October, they have given themselves 83 days away from Parliament.

I would lock them all in Westminster, close all the bars and feed them from a Food Bank until they get their act together.
Well, there may not be sessions in Parliament, but that doesn't mean to say they aren't beavering away behind the scenes, in Committees, their constituencies or wherever.

It doesn't mean they are all off to the Bahamas for a jolly.

It reminds me of when people used to say they'd like the short days and long holidays that teachers got. Luckily, we're a bit more enlightened about the real number of hours that teachers put in.

However, it does seem very shortsighted to me that with the state we are in, and with public opinion of MPs at an all time low, that they don't make an exception to 'normal' Parliamentary sitting times.

The one time when MPs really do need to show the electorate that they realise this is an unprecedented situation, and that they really do need to show they are earning their money, and they hand the Daily Fail a damning story on a plate.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 10:48 AM

Would they I wonder be taking this time off, to which they may be entitled, if we were at war and all that would mean for the country as a whole?

Surely the present crisis over Brexit is equally as important as to warrant all of them getting this sorted out by whatever means that takes!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 10:51 AM

I entirely agree with Swimmy about this, and as Pyxel says
fancy taking time off at a time when we need a burst of
effort and energy to make some progress!
Concerning Pyxels remarks about them beavering away in
backrooms and constituency's, l ask, show us the proof?

Regards Donkeyman!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top