Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 03:19 PM

Re: How Do You Look When You’re Asleep?

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I wish I could say the same! Just lately it's every evening almost without fail that I succumb and 'rest my eyelids' while watching television (trying to anyway) and sitting on my very comfortable settee!
Ah, you see I found the cure for that!

I 'go to bed' very early, and watch TV from the comfort of my bed.
I make sure I'm recording any programmes I really want to watch, and if I feel I'm getting drowsy, I set the TV timer to switch itself off, and then it doesn't matter if I fall asleep.
Otherwise, the TV would wake me up between midnight and 1:00 and I'd never get back to sleep.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Ah, you see I found the cure for that!

I 'go to bed' very early, and watch TV from the comfort of my bed.
I make sure I'm recording any programmes I really want to watch, and if I feel I'm getting drowsy, I set the TV timer to switch itself off, and then it doesn't matter if I fall asleep.
Otherwise, the TV would wake me up between midnight and 1:00 and I'd never get back to sleep.
That doesn't work for me, too busy sleeping when I go to bed! Cannot watch television other than in the lounge, then I often fall asleep especially if I've had a busy day or not slept well recently!

I know, I know I'm odd, very odd! For me television is so much better than any sleeping tablet on the market!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree Baz.
If there is no one there to tell us, we haven't a clue how we look.

Art, did your daughter say you were snoring too?
No Mups, l wasn’t snoring as l would have woken myself up and realised that my mouth was open and wide enough to fit a toy car!

So, hasn’t anyone ever seen and commented on what you look like, when you’re asleep? Your ex husbands or son maybe?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 03:47 PM

That doesn't work for me, too busy sleeping when I go to bed! Cannot watch television other than in the lounge, then I often fall asleep especially if I've had a busy day or not slept well recently!

I know, I know I'm odd, very odd! For me television is so much better than any sleeping tablet on the market!
Baz, What’s so annoying is, when you fall asleep when there’s something really good on and you miss the ending!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2019, 03:49 PM

You can get an app that records you through the night, so you can check if you snore, or are giving away state secrets.

I got one once, to check. It's useful if you think you might have sleep apnoea, etc.

Anyway, although there was a little bit of snoring, it wasn't too bad, quite ladylike in fact, and I did talk a bit, but it was gobbledegook - much like normal, really!
Pyxell, The app sounds interesting! It would be good to find out if you are suffering from Sleep Apnea.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Baz, What’s so annoying is, when you fall asleep when there’s something really good on and you miss the ending!
Yes, tell me about it! This happens with me regularly so I keep a note of the programme and then watch what I missed on catch-up TV. I find the worst part of 'resting my eyelids' in this way is when I wake up after a couple of hours wondering where I am, the TV has gone into standby, the heating has gone off so the house is cold. Definitely not nice!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 04:21 PM

Yes, tell me about it! This happens with me regularly so I keep a note of the programme and then watch what I missed on catch-up TV. I find the worst part of 'resting my eyelids' in this way is when I wake up after a couple of hours wondering where I am, the TV has gone into standby, the heating has gone off so the house is cold. Definitely not nice!
Ah you see! That's where the 'going to bed early' is so useful!

I just exchange the armchair for the bed, but I make sure I'm dressed for bed too.
Saves on the heating as well!

Plus, I've got into the habit of recording everything I want to watch, just in case I fall asleep.

Saves all the palaver of finding it on catch-up.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 04:25 PM

You can get an app that records you through the night, so you can check if you snore, or are giving away state secrets.

I got one once, to check. It's useful if you think you might have sleep apnoea, etc.

Anyway, although there was a little bit of snoring, it wasn't too bad, quite ladylike in fact, and I did talk a bit, but it was gobbledegook - much like normal, really!
Pyxell, The app sounds interesting! It would be good to find out if you are suffering from Sleep Apnea.
I'd like to try that app - I have vivid dreams which are hard to recall - perhaps "sleep-talk" would give me a clue .....
Pyxell
South of England

12-05-2019, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I'd like to try that app - I have vivid dreams which are hard to recall - perhaps "sleep-talk" would give me a clue .....

It's called SnoreLab... here's a link from the AppStore...

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/snor...529443604?mt=8
Baz46

12-05-2019, 05:04 PM

Ah you see! That's where the 'going to bed early' is so useful!

I just exchange the armchair for the bed, but I make sure I'm dressed for bed too.
Saves on the heating as well!
You've got it all sorted by the sound of that then!

Plus, I've got into the habit of recording everything I want to watch, just in case I fall asleep.

Saves all the palaver of finding it on catch-up.
Sky have the habit of not allowing either recording or viewing of programmes recorded when subscriptions were paid. As soon as you leave them that's it, the Sky box can only be used to watch terrestrial channels plus a few others, that's where I am at present hence catch-up TV!

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top