Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 07:09 PM

Should New PM Be Chosen By Voters

Who would you choose if you got the opportunity?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 07:17 PM

Re: Should New PM Be Chosen By Voters

I wouldn't choose because that is the job of the MPs in the party to decide, after all they have to work with their leader.

I would be a bit disappointed if Boris was chosen though, because I feel he is only interested in being the one in charge, rather than looking after the people!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 08:48 AM

Doubt a woman will be chosen, but Andrea Leadsom seems to be popular with most MP's except the speaker, John Bercow. Out of the men not sure.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

25-05-2019, 08:53 AM

A guest on QT made a comment about a vote for choosing the next PM rather than party members. Just asked to see if people agreed.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
A guest on QT made a comment about a vote for choosing the next PM rather than party members. Just asked to see if people agreed.
Hi

The next PM will be the biggest Liar, that is how our system works.

Nobody who points out the truth will be elected.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55
I wouldn't choose because that is the job of the MPs in the party to decide, after all they have to work with their leader .

I would be a bit disappointed if Boris was chosen though, because I feel he is only interested in being the one in charge, rather than looking after the people!
I agree with Twink .
Also can you imagine if the voters including Labour and worse spiteful left wingers had a say in who was the Tory leader, some would do their best to pick the least suitable in order to create chaos and damage the country if at all possible.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 10:07 AM

I couldn't trust anyone presently in the House of Commons.

Whoever they choose is not going to represent the majority of voters. That has become quite clear. They are all in it for themselves.

The only party I will vote for in a general election is the Brexit Party. If they should achieve a majority in Parliament, Nigel Farage would probably be elected as PM, and a damned fine PM he would make.

Until then, we are still sailing in a rudderless ship.

It is still possible, though, that when May is on her bike and her replacement is in post we could then "crash out" (to use the vernacular of the Remainiacs) of the EU. I think it is just beginning to dawn on most MPs that they are all losing public support by attempting to ignore our votes.

It's not just the EU; it is democracy that is at stake.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 10:11 AM

When I heard there would be a leadership battle, the first thing I said was that it should be decided by a public vote but thinking about it I couldn't really care less any more. They can and will do whatever they like with no regard for the public or the Country.

Successive governments of all parties have stuffed Britain over the years and sticking some new face in will not change that, it is far too late to reverse the rot, despite who is in charge.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
when i heard there would be a leadership battle, the first thing i said was that it should be decided by a public vote but thinking about it i couldn't really care less any more. They can and will do whatever they like with no regard for the public or the country.

Successive governments of all parties have stuffed britain over the years and sticking some new face in will not change that, it is far too late to reverse the rot, despite who is in charge.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 10:31 AM

Piers Morgan for PM. Seriously, he would get things done.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top