Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 05:33 PM

Re: Martin Clunes dropped by animal charity

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Horses are not wild animals, Your remark must mean you have not read the link Mups put up, and the training practices that each and everyone of them is subjected to as babies. Read about it, and then compare horses to elephants.
Sorry , not intending to be rude, but I am so upset at this, particularly ITV.
Sorry I spoke. Some horses are wild animals.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Good for you, Longdogs. I'm proud of you.

Thanks PD.

Not wishing to go off topic too much but I disagree with riding horses too, particularly on the roads. They were complaining (again) on tv about drivers not leaving enough room when overtaking. I think they said there were something like 200 -300 horse deaths in the UK every year. They went on to say that horses are what's called Prey animals, which means they are always on the look out for danger and their response to it is flight. If that's the case then why subject them to the terror of riding them along a road?

Sorry, just having a rant. I'm sure others who are more in the know will disagree but that's just how I see it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 05:49 PM

I've never ridden a horse or an elephant. I was only joining in the conversation but obviously I shouldn't have taken part.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I've never ridden a horse or an elephant. I was only joining in the conversation but obviously I shouldn't have taken part.
No one said ,don't get involved, Floydy,I was saying that reading the link Mups posted would explain more for you to understand. That's all.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 06:09 PM

Floydy mate

I wasn't saying you had ridden a horse or an elephant

And your question was a good one.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 06:16 PM

Two elephants rescued in the last 2 months, by this charity. One , Luna, was so poorly she didn't survive more than 2 weeks at the rescue centre.
The next one in April was Kaplana and this is her story. Lots of problems with joints, feet and basically a bad back from rides, but she is doing quite well now.

http://wildlifesos.org/a-new-life-fo...MiIJel0nxveMgA
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 08:27 PM

Floydy has a point! After all Hanibal was using elephants
hundreds of years ago! And asian elephants have been used
also for a considerable length of time to handle trees in
forestry operations, ridden by mahoots, who appear to love
their animals and take good care of them! These working
elephants are born in captivity, and therefore cannot be
considered wild! They are not taught tricks as such, but
are taught to carry out the tasks needed to do their work,
which includes allowing themselves to be ridden! All much the
same as horses!
However l have no doubt that dubious operators do exist
and need stricter enforcement laws!
I am on the elephants side on this but imo they are in a
similar situation to horses and similarly enjoy doing their
work!

Best Regards Donkeyman!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 08:51 PM

I refused to ride an elephant whilst in Thailand, others did but I had more respect for the beautiful animals. As they passed so close to me I could see their eyelashes , I could feel the rumble vibration as they passed . Beautiful animals
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

14-05-2019, 09:01 PM

Thanks Donkeyman, Longdogs.
I should have chosen my words more carefully as I know a few people love to argue just for the hell of it. Just leave me be, I'm not in a good place right now.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 09:06 PM

Thanks Donkeyman, Longdogs.
I should have chosen my words more carefully as I know a few people love to argue just for the hell of it. Just leave me be, I'm not in a good place right now.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top