Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 12:05 AM

Re: A few days in Majorca

Lovely photos, Sweetie but a shame you can't be in any of your snaps for us.
I know you needed a break and I hope you had a great holiday
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 05:24 AM

How very nice of you to take us along on your travels, Sweetie Pie. I know this has been a difficult time for you, and I hope you found some measure of peace and healing on your getaway.

I was tickled by the American breakfast that included beans (unheard of) and English? bacon, but most especially, those wide beaches looked phenomenal for running. Did you see anyone standup paddle boarding on that canal? I'd love to give that a go.

Welcome back!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
A bargain place to eat.

Not going there Sweetie darlin' - they're being stingy with the breakfasts - only one sausage and no black pudding or mushrooms - nah not good enough
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 08:54 AM

I was there a couple of weeks ago too Sweetie not Alcudia but on Majorca....it's such a pretty island.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 09:13 AM

Lovely pics. It looks clean and well cared for. I especially liked the volcano sand sculpture.

I hope the break did you good.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Not going there Sweetie darlin' - they're being stingy with the breakfasts - only one sausage and no black pudding or mushrooms - nah not good enough
True Joe, but they give you pancakes with maple syrup instead. Mmmmm
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
There were loads of joggers.
But the exchange rate Foxy!!!
Try Bulgaria, it is lovely there.
Money goes three times as far.

Plenty of beautiful places to run also.
Not bothered about the money Sweetie, it doesn't cost much to run, swim and walk.... Always stay full board in a hotel, can't be arsed to go looking for something to eat after a day of walking etc, would rather have an evening meal in the hotel, a mug of horlicks at the bar, and be in bed for ten.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 01:13 PM

Looks lovely there Sweetie Pie. I have not been to Majorca. Hope you are OK.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs Foxtrot ->
Some of it looks nice but why go for a British breakfast or to a pub when in Majorca. I prefer to try the local food and ambiance when in foreign parts.
No local food near, we would have to travel to the Old Town.
Traditional Spanish breakfast is thick hot chocolate with very sweet dip in things, not for me anyway.

Originally Posted by TessA ->
You do get about Sweetie!
Looks hot!
It was Tess. We are off again in two weeks, visiting friends and different parts of the UK. I will do a photo thread.

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Lovely photos, Sweetie but a shame you can't be in any of your snaps for us.
I know you needed a break and I hope you had a great holiday
Never post personal pics, who wants to see my ugly mug.lol
It was a good break and needed.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
How very nice of you to take us along on your travels, Sweetie Pie. I know this has been a difficult time for you, and I hope you found some measure of peace and healing on your getaway.

I was tickled by the American breakfast that included beans (unheard of) and English? bacon, but most especially, those wide beaches looked phenomenal for running. Did you see anyone standup paddle boarding on that canal? I'd love to give that a go.

Welcome back!
I always try to take you all on my travels.
Yes Surferbabe loads of water sports, I will remember to take some for you, next trip.

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Trust you. x

Originally Posted by summer ->
I was there a couple of weeks ago too Sweetie not Alcudia but on Majorca....it's such a pretty island.
I love the mountains in the background. So much space on Majorca, so little in our country.

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Lovely pics. It looks clean and well cared for. I especially liked the volcano sand sculpture.

I hope the break did you good.
The volcano sculpture actually fired up, I just couldn't get a good pic of that. It was a perfect get away, to forget my sorrows.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Not bothered about the money Sweetie, it doesn't cost much to run, swim and walk.... Always stay full board in a hotel, can't be arsed to go looking for something to eat after a day of walking etc, would rather have an evening meal in the hotel, a mug of horlicks at the bar, and be in bed for ten.....
I like to try local food, however there was not much where we stayed, only variations of English dishes, shame.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Looks lovely there Sweetie Pie. I have not been to Majorca. Hope you are OK.
I am fine now Longlegs. I prefer mainland Spain tbh, but it was a cheap last minute break.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top