Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 03:49 PM

Re: Drinking.

I very rarely indulge these days as I just stopped enjoying it,but after I retired I had a very busy social Life and We would all have very long lunches some weekends which took Me a few days to recover from I can tell You..miss the Company..don't miss the hangovers
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 05:07 PM

I still like a drinky.
Just about to open a tinny of John Smiths extra smooth, as it's beer 'o' clock...
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 05:29 PM

I drink 6 pints of beer a week, Not in a pub these days. They are 500ml cans of Abbot Ale or Old Speckled Hen from the supermarket.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Pink Gin used to be flavoured with Angastora Bitters which turned it pink, so what now flavours and colours it Summer darlin' ???
No idea Uncle Joe...the label says its flavored with fresh summer berries like raspberry and strawberry. And all of this is said to have been based on a late 19th century recipe.

All I know is it tastes nice
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I drink 6 pints of beer a week, Not in a pub these days. They are 500ml cans of Abbot Ale or Old Speckled Hen from the supermarket.
Good man! First post so far except for mine who is a true connousseur of proper naturally brewed ale
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:09 PM

Thank you all for replying to the thread. I really missed having the odd drink. I know the diabetic nurse was a little dubious when I asked her about having alcohol.

Anyway tonight I'm finishing the bottle of local wine off that I started yesterday, I had to, dropped the cork behind the washing machine and I'm sure it's terribly dangerous to leave wine without a cork in.

I know lots of wine snobs laugh at English wine but it was very nice.
CHeers🍷
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:16 PM

I don’t drink often due to some disorders but occasionally I do.
Ameretto and lime juice with triple sec is nice and the odd glass as classy wine is good.

Beer I hate and hard alcohol like scotch or whiskey
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Good man! First post so far except for mine who is a true connousseur of proper naturally brewed ale
Yes, lovely stuff. My brother and I used to go to a pub on Fridays where they serve Abbot Ale. He can't really do that now and we drink the cans at home instead.

On the plus side, buying the cans has saved us a bit. Pub prices have gone up considerably since we first started having our pints. We only have two together. The other four I have are drunk over the course of a week.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Thank you all for replying to the thread. I really missed having the odd drink. I know the diabetic nurse was a little dubious when I asked her about having alcohol.

Anyway tonight I'm finishing the bottle of local wine off that I started yesterday, I had to, dropped the cork behind the washing machine and I'm sure it's terribly dangerous to leave wine without a cork in.

I know lots of wine snobs laugh at English wine but it was very nice.
CHeers🍷

hahaha, that made me chuckle, glad you enjoyed the vino MC
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I don’t drink often due to some disorders but occasionally I do.
Ameretto and lime juice with triple sec is nice and the odd glass as classy wine is good.

Beer I hate and hard alcohol like scotch or whiskey

Try Brandy with an added tot of Ginger WINE - note wine, not ale !!! - goes down very smoothly !!!

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top