Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 09:45 AM

Re: Run of bad luck

Being made redundant is a real kick in the pants (I know, I have been made redundant five times since starting work). Your husband is obviously a fighter LQ, carrying on working after losing an arm can't have been easy for him but he managed it, so I think you will be OK and he will find more work.

Best of luck to you both. x
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 10:45 AM

Thank you all. Today is a new day, he already has an interview lined up for next Wednesday so he's not giving up. x
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Thank you all. Today is a new day, he already has an interview lined up for next Wednesday so he's not giving up. x
Is it for the PM's job?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Is it for the PM's job?
Yeah but I m not supposed to say so shhhh
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 01:17 PM

Talk about a kick in the teeth LQ. I am so sorry that life is so cruel that a hard-working man such as your husband should be treated so shabbily. Life certainly has a bad habit of knocking us down just as we think we are cruising along.

It is bad enough to be made redundant when young, but once over 50, it's hard first of all to even find a job, but to then lose that job so soon after through redundancy must be devastating for him as well as yourself, as you have to be the strength to see him through this dreadful time.

My heart goes out to both of you. I truly hope he remains resilient and goes out there and finds another job very soon.

Big hug to you both.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 01:28 PM

Look on the bright side (hard I know) he got a job in todays job market recently so he has employable skills.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-05-2019, 01:28 PM

I can't imagine what sort of sh*thead would sit there and interview someone for a job, knowing they would be leaving their existing job and would then be made redundant within four months. If the interviewer knew nothing about it, the accountant would have.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 02:23 PM

I can't imagine what sort of sh*thead would sit there and interview someone for a job, knowing they would be leaving their existing job and would then be made redundant within four months. If the interviewer knew nothing about it, the accountant would have.
I know; it's disgusting, really.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

24-05-2019, 02:28 PM

Yeah I was horrified when I heard it on news and John came home that night telling me they had announced it that same day. It beggars belief why they would take on new starters when they knew they were going under! Twats scuse my language x
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've got everything crossed for him LQ.....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top