Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 01:45 PM

Re: 26/5/19 Thanks to all,who have posted this morning

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Ah, best of luck Twink.
It sounds like you've got good interest, so fingers crossed.

At the rate I'm going you'll move before I manage to.
Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Careful with 'chains'.
My buyer said they were okay waiting whilst me and Mr M dealt with delayed searches on our purchase but pulled out just before completion. I could have killed them I was that disappointed.
Thanks for the warning Morty. I have just had a couple knock on my door & ask if I would do a swap for theirs ( a lovely modern 5 bedroom house looking over fields. It looked lovely but I told them it would be as hard to manage as the one I have & i wouldn't be moving if I could manage this one. They then asked if I would do a swap if they gave me another £25,000..... but I said sorry, just leave your number with the estate agent & I will call you if I reconsider.

I didn't think having too much interest would be as big a nuisance as it already is.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 01:49 PM

I hope your move goes smoothly. I know it's is a strain having to keep the house at its cleanest and tidiest. I can never understand buyers being put off by things such untidiness, the furniture or the wallpaper.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, You should have made the viewers some Bakewell Tarts to have with the cup of tea you are going to make them!

PS. Take your profile pic off, as your property could be traced.
Thanks but I am not sure how they would link my property to my picture... unless they already know me. Even delivery vans find it impossible to find me when they have my name and address.
Anyway the way things are going it doesn't look like I will be here for long!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 01:53 PM

I wish you a swift and smooth sale and move Twink

Try to remember where you hid the washing up though
Especially if it was in the oven or the washing machine!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I put my house on the market yesterday morning & already have 8 people wanting to view. I am sure anybody who has sold a house will understand how much work this creates and, as I am on my own, I am getting bored with all the tidying up!
One thing that has cheered me up though, is the interesting threads & post that I have read on here this morning... so I want to say thanks for the company that has made me smile.

Ooh I have just thought...... if the place isn't on perfect order when the viewers arrive, I can blame the nice people on my forum that prevented me from doing my dusting!
We moved about six weeks ago. Yes, it's a challenge and stress. We are still unpacking.

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

26-05-2019, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I wish you a swift and smooth sale and move Twink

Try to remember where you hid the washing up though
Especially if it was in the oven or the washing machine!
Don't worry Rhian it is all in the Dishwasher!

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
We moved about six weeks ago. Yes, it's a challenge and stress. We are still unpacking.

Besoeker Thanks for that Perhaps you could come over and help me when you have finished
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Thanks but I am not sure how they would link my property to my picture... unless they already know me. Even delivery vans find it impossible to find me when they have my name and address.
Anyway the way things are going it doesn't look like I will be here for long!
They would not find it through you personally but by where you are standing, which is quite distinctive and probably shows in their marketing pics online. You have also said, when it went on the market. They just need your location.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->

Did you find yourself having a good clear out too?
It's amazing the amount of stuff you collect over the years isn't it.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 02:19 PM

Twink, do I ever feel your pain. I put my beach place up for sale a few weeks ago, but it was complicated with the news from my agent that I was expected to sell it furnished (apparently expected for beach condos). This meant that on top of all the cleaning and perfecting, I had to run around town like I was on a scavenger hunt, purchasing inexpensive pieces of furniture and decorative items to swap out with those I wanted to keep.

On rare occasions I have turned people away who have knocked on the door to talk to my agent. Their reasoning is mystifying because it costs a buyer nothing to hire a real estate agent. Be wary.

One of the things I am doing is keeping a few storage bins positioned around the place. In the event of a quick showing, items can be quickly stowed and the bins can be stacked out of sight.

When this is over, I'm not going to clean house for a year .

Good luck!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

26-05-2019, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Twink, do I ever feel your pain. I put my beach place up for sale a few weeks ago, but it was complicated with the news from my agent that I was expected to sell it furnished (apparently expected for beach condos). This meant that on top of all the cleaning and perfecting, I had to run around town like I was on a scavenger hunt, purchasing inexpensive pieces of furniture and decorative items to swap out with those I wanted to keep.

On rare occasions I have turned people away who have knocked on the door to talk to my agent. Their reasoning is mystifying because it costs a buyer nothing to hire a real estate agent. Be wary.

One of the things I am doing is keeping a few storage bins positioned around the place. In the event of a quick showing, items can be quickly stowed and the bins can be stacked out of sight.

When this is over, I'm not going to clean house for a year .

Good luck!
Thank you Surfermom. Perhap we could both have a glass of wine to celebrate when we have both moved.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top