Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 10:28 PM

Music DVDs

Do you ever buy them?

I've had the Dire Straits Alchemy on VHS tape for several years and not watched it for years as my old VHS Recorder/Player packed up and was replaced by a DVD Recorder/Player. Today I treated myself to the Alchemy concert on disc. Brilliant!! I had forgotten just how good Dire Straits were live, even though I have everything they ever recorded.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 12:04 AM

Re: Music DVDs

i m going to see them live in concert with Carol, in December..im really looking forward to seeing them .

Edit
oops .i just realised its not them we are going to see its Status Quo
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 12:58 AM

I have several concert dvd's and enjoy them all. I always like to copy off the soundtrack and put it on my Ipod and listen to it in my car, as sometimes the live performance is better than the studio one.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
i m going to see them live in concert with Carol, in December..im really looking forward to seeing them .

Edit
oops .i just realised its not them we are going to see its Status Quo
That was a disappointment Eliza, I thought they had reformed.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

28-09-2014, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
I have several concert dvd's and enjoy them all. I always like to copy off the soundtrack and put it on my Ipod and listen to it in my car, as sometimes the live performance is better than the studio one.
I agree Graham although sometimes the audience can drown out the artist.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 09:19 AM

Ive only had a couple, both by Pink Floyd, "Live At Pompei" and "The Wall", while the music endured, the films paled with time for me. If i need a fix i have always got Youtube.
Rob B
Solihull, UK
Rob B is male  Rob B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 10:31 AM

I've never possessed any DVD music but did have quite a few old VHS tapes, both bought and recorded from the TV. I no longer have a VHS player and thought at one time to get them transferred but I never bothered as, as you say Nom, virtually everything can be found on YouTube nowadays. I've even managed to replace long lost but cherished records by copying the audio from a video.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
That was a disappointment Eliza, I thought they had reformed.
They have reformed didnt you know ,without Mark Knopfler
I went to see them about 3 year ago when they started touring again.it was the best concert id ever been to .
They have been doing sell out concerts inEurope Russia and i think they have been doing America .

They are under the name The Straits ,if you put that in google you will find news of them. And in Youtube , i recommend you go see them if they any where near you .
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

28-09-2014, 11:34 AM

http://thestraits.com
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 12:33 PM

I am just sitting here with just about 100 of our collection left to go - putting them all onto an SD card so we can take them on holiday and play them when we are travelling. SD much easier to carry than 100s of CDs. Just got to Meat Loaf Bat out of hell - memories that brings back !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top