Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 12:54 PM

Re: Music DVDs

I had a lot of classical DVDs but when the player went I gave them to the charity shop.

If I want to listen to a piece of music I can usually find it on Youtube though I don't listen as much as I used to since my tinnitus became so bad. I can cope with buzzing and speech but buzzing and music don't go well together..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 02:05 PM

Have you tried white noise Meg ? It worked well for me when mine was at it's worse. I still used the CD when it starts to get bad again and it does seem to help each time.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
They have reformed didnt you know ,without Mark Knopfler
I went to see them about 3 year ago when they started touring again.it was the best concert id ever been to .
They have been doing sell out concerts inEurope Russia and i think they have been doing America .

They are under the name The Straits ,if you put that in google you will find news of them. And in Youtube , i recommend you go see them if they any where near you .
Hi Eliza. Of course I am aware of the much watered down version of Dire Straits (The Straits) but with the guitar artistry of Mark Knopfler missing they can only ever hope to be just another tribute band.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Have you tried white noise Meg ? It worked well for me when mine was at it's worse. I still used the CD when it starts to get bad again and it does seem to help each time.
I haven't Julie I have nothing to play a CD on on but I do have the radio on all the time and that distracts me from the buzzing .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I haven't Julie I have nothing to play a CD on on but I do have the radio on all the time and that distracts me from the buzzing .
That's the principle I find keep it on low over night helps me sleep and by morning my buzzing and clicking is a little less.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

28-09-2014, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's the principle I find keep it on low over night helps me sleep and by morning my buzzing and clicking is a little less.
I do that too Julie and sometimes wake up startled when there is a funny sound on the radio
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 05:54 PM

I have the Brothers in Arms cd which is played loud when I'm travelling in the car. I love Dire Straits ....
Rob B
Solihull, UK
Rob B is male  Rob B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2014, 10:53 AM

I've recently finished digitising every record I have, CDs, tapes and vinyl, about 30,000 tracks in all. I keep them all on an external hard drive for my laptop and play them via iTunes. About 6 months ago I finally upgraded my phone to a 'smart' one (Galaxy S4) and keep a selection (about 2,000) tracks on its removable 32G micro SD, for music on the go.

I also invested in a 'Jambox' bluetooth speaker for better volume if needed, although the phone itself isn't bad, you'd be amazed how much power and clarity that little device has and it will run for about 6 hours on a full charge.

In case of being away from a power supply and needing to recharge a device, I've got a little external battery thing which charges USB devices, it holds enough charge for about 4 full charge-ups of the phone or 2 for the speaker and measures about 10x8x2 cm and can charge two devices at the same time.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top