Join for free
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2014, 07:21 PM

Beautiful Song

These days I can't actually hear music and it's quite a depressing thing for me as I love / loved music of all kinds but for some strange reason I remembered someone I knew in the distant past recently; someone that I loved but lost out of shear naivety because I really didn't understand at that time that my feelings for her were reciprocated.

It was some years later before I realised my error because I met up with someone I knew then who told me what happened when I drifted away from that past life I was living.

I'm reminded of her by a tune from that era that's been in my head for the past few days, hence this post in Music.

I can't actually find the song itself or point you at a YouTube page but these were the words, the most poignant for me being the very first line: -

You take away the breath I was keeping for sunrise
You appear and the morning looks drab in my eyes
And then again I'll turn down love
Having seen you again
Once more you'll disappear
My morning put to shame

Sometimes I fear that this will go on my life through
Each day I spend in an echoed vision of you
Remembering your smile
My every day is spent
Thinking of you all the while

The times I've let myself down
My head's spinning 'round
My eyes see only you
The chances I've lost
Opportunities tossed
Away and into the blue

You take away the breath I was keeping for sunrise
You appear and the morning looks drab in my eyes
Having seen you again
Then again you'll disappear
My morning put to shame

l will always remember her and she'll always be that 18 year old beauty in my mind and I'll always be that shy, awkward 20-year-old.

Funny what comes into your head as you get older. stevmk2
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2014, 07:41 PM

Re: Beautiful Song

Sorry that you won't be able to hear this Steve

And yes it is a beautiful song.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2014, 08:56 AM

Beautiful song Steve. Isn't it amazing what memories certain songs bring back? What would life be like without music.........
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2014, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Beautiful song Steve. Isn't it amazing what memories certain songs bring back? What would life be like without music.........
I could tell you Alice but you do develop your own "Internal Juke Box" in a way and you play-back favourite music from your past.

I often get tunes popping into my head for no apparent reason and it is frustrating that I can no longer discern any music at all now because my aids are set-up for speech only and I can barely cope with that so I simply cannot cope with the range of frequencies you need to hear for music!

To me, Beethoven must have been an absolute genius composing music he couldn't hear!

Linden, of course you are right - I didn't think that many people would credit the Who's Pete Townsend with such a song but equally, the song-writing partnerships of Jagger / Richard, Lennon / McCartney or Elton John / Bernie Taupin also produced some real classic "pop" songs.

Most 'main-stream' musicians now appreciate the contributions of the modern composers to the wealth of music available now.

Somehow I just can't take to Rap though......... stevmk2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top