Join for free
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 12:16 PM

John Mayall

The first LP that I bought was John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers 'Beano' album. Some years later I saw him in concert in Belfast and got his autograph when I saw him coming out of his hotel the next day. I also liked the music of Alexis Korner, who I never got to see, and who sadly passed away in 1984.

This morning he was on the Chris Evans breakfast show - still going strong at 81 . Rock on.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 12:19 PM

Re: John Mayall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWuPyMTCPpQ
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 03:10 PM

I think I have mentioned before on here I like John Mayall.
Went to Leeds Uni, had two bottles of Newcastle Brown. Couldn't
care less after that. So went on the stage and sat on the piano waving
to my friend in the crowd. No one moved me off it as they thought
I was with John and his band, and he thought I was with the University.
So had a great view of the band, the crowd and enjoyed the show enormously.
Met Alex at a Led Zepplin concert and had a chat with him. I was working there selling goods and programmes. Brought back memories did that
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 03:37 PM

Saw him in the sixties and again 1/2 years ago. He's touring now, got an email from Southend on sea telling me he's there 6th Nov
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 05:44 PM

I've got him on viynl on my Alexis Korner collection also live from the Marquis album.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top