Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
kittylion
Lancashire, United Kingdom
kittylion is female  kittylion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 02:31 PM

Re: Kindle ebook reader.

In any case, you wouldn't lose the books on it would you - they would be saved on your Kindle account. I have the same books on my VERY old Kindle Touch as well as on my tablet. I could also load them onto my laptop if I wanted.

Still, I'm glad it seems to be working again.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 08:13 AM

If it ever does die depending on the fault amazon are great, mine died about 3 years after I bought it and they replaced it for free even though it only had a one year warranty.

They helped with my current one when it developed a fault (kept forgetting the page and book I was reading) and their customer service was fantastic.

Their forums are pretty helpful too their technical staff seem to post on there so you have expert help at hand instantly.

Best thing about kindle IMO is if I forget to put it in my bag I can just synchronise to the same page on my phone so I am never more than a couple of feet away from a book. The book I am reading currently I do have in hard back but I would need a huge hand bag to carry it everywhere with me and a stronger arm to carry it !
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 09:00 AM

Thanks Julie that is worth remembering about Amazon help.
Although I bought both of mine from Tesco.
As for the kindle forum, I did put the problem on it, but did not get any replies.
So thanks to the people on here, and as said problem sorted.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 09:08 AM

I am sure it doesn't matter where you buy it mine I had no idea where it as bought as it was a present to me.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 10:38 AM

Like you Julie I love the fact that you can read your book no matter where you are. I only carry my phone around with me during the day and if I go for a coffee first thing before work I can read a few pages.
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 12:08 PM

I've got a Kindle Paperwhite, but have never seen how to pause it. It's got a cover so is like a book, and when I finish reading I just close it and it automatically turns of in a bit, and when I want to read again, I just open it and it comes on after a while, well it mostly does, sometimes I do have to press the on/off button.
You are right of course Gumbud.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 12:36 PM

Hi Jainie - when you close the book and reopen it at a later date, it should be on the last page you left it ..................
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 01:47 PM

Yes, it comes on where I've left off.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 09:28 PM

Emjay

The "Feign Death" prank of a Kindle is widespread and nothing to worry about. They will frequently show just a blank screen and appear totally lifeless, unable to be switched on but they are always just "having you on".

The solution is always the same:

1. Plug into charger and leave for 30 mins or so

2. Hold the ON switch on place for 20-30 seconds and this will "re-boot/reset" the device.

All is then well.

Happens regularly if you don't use the Kindle for a long period of time. I swear they are just sulking.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 10:04 AM

As I posted earlier, that's what happened to me, and I went into panic mode.
I use my kindle daily, and did not realise at the time that the battery had gone flat.
Thanks to the people on here it got sorted.

If I don't turn it off it goes into standby mode, with one of the pictures on the screen. I just have to press the button on the base and it turns back on to the last page that I was reading.
Same as if I do turn it off.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top