Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 08:24 PM

Re: Kindle ebook reader.

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
If I don't turn it off it goes into standby mode, with one of the pictures on the screen. I just have to press the button on the base and it turns back on to the last page that I was reading.
Same as if I do turn it off.
Provided you do not have Wifi or 3G switched on, using standby-mode is just as battery conserving as switching it off.

You know presumably that the kindle remembers what pages you were on in EVERY book in the device even if the Kindle is shut down.

I still think the original e-Ink Kindles are a masterpiece of design and unbeatable in terms of what they do and offer. The subsequent designs which were aimed at sticking a foot in the tablet/iPad market took the device the wrong way imo. The simple e-Ink reading device that was thin, light, could be read in bright sunlight and had stand-by battery life in the order of months was the "iPod" of the reading devices and still is.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 08:40 PM

Re: Kindle ebook reader.

I don't know if I mentioned, but I also have one of the e-ink kindles. Mine has 3G that I thought would be good for accessing emails. Well it does but it is so slow that it was a waste of time.
My Paperlight I find is lighter and I don't need extra illumination when reading in bed.
As for power saving, I do make sure that airplane mode is off after I have downloaded any books.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top