Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:49 AM

Re: Wifi Printer

I don't have wifi at home, thank goodness, and hope I don't have to replace my trusty old printer. Can't see why everything has to be wifi these days, as wired printers are fine.
Sorry, no answer to your question, I know
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I don't have wifi at home, thank goodness, and hope I don't have to replace my trusty old printer. Can't see why everything has to be wifi these days, as wired printers are fine.
Sorry, no answer to your question, I know
Hard-wiring is good but a wireless printer can be handy where there a few computers in the home. They can all use the same printer with no cables being necessary.
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 04:09 PM

Thank you all for your help.
I managed to find the set up wizzard on the printer and eventually found out how to put the password in, and now my printer is up and running
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 07:45 PM

Well done JainieB!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by JainieB ->
Thank you all for your help.
I managed to find the set up wizzard on the printer and eventually found out how to put the password in, and now my printer is up and running
I love a story with a happy ending Jainie and well done.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 02:44 AM

My printer used to do wifi but it has given up so will only print when attached to the computer .
Even then it's a hit and miss affair it clanks ,shudders grumbles and spits out pieces of blank paper before condescending to actually print something .
Hate the thing .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

09-11-2015, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My printer used to do wifi but it has given up so will only print when attached to the computer .
Even then it's a hit and miss affair it clanks ,shudders grumbles and spits out pieces of blank paper before condescending to actually print something .
Hate the thing .
Maybe time to buy another?

I find there's no need to spend a fortune on buying an inkjet printer. Our current one is an HP Envy 5532 printer/scanner/copier bought for about £80. It does the job well.

Some inkjet printers cost less than that and even if they only lasted a couple of years, could still be considered good value for money.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 09:35 PM

I never buy an all in one (Printer/Scanner/Copier) because if the printer packs up you need to buy another one; leaving you with a Scanner/Copier surplus to requirement.
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 10:18 PM

Mine's and Epsom Expression 305, and it's an all in one, and only cost me about £57 a couple of years ago. I have wifi because I move my laptop from room to room and the printer sits in my sitting room.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

09-11-2015, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I never buy an all in one (Printer/Scanner/Copier) because if the printer packs up you need to buy another one; leaving you with a Scanner/Copier surplus to requirement.
That's true and I have had separates in previous years. Some were quite expensive. However, with the price of all-in-ones, I thought I'd go for one of those instead.

The one I had before the HP Envy was a Brother DCP-117C (not wireless). It cost £60, worked well and lasted more than 3 years. The printer went wrong in the end and did indeed leave a functioning scanner (although not a copier because it wouldn't print the copy) but for the money and the time it lasted, I didn't feel hard done by. Just put it out for collection went and bought another all-in-one. I'll probably do that for as long as I last now.

They save a bit of space too.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top