Join for free
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2011, 01:06 PM

Radio or Television news up-dates?

Personally I like listening to my News on the Radio but following up for an in depth view of an interesting event on TV or web, if I require something even deeper a newspaper to satisfy my needs. I make a mental note to try to root out propaganda and speculation.

How do you take your news interests.

Adrian

Sorry if I am slow to respond as chemo slowing me down a little. On the up though.

Love and Peace to you and yours.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

12-04-2011, 03:19 PM

Re: Radio or Television news up-dates?

Like you Adrian , I too listen to the Radio and go Google for more in-depth info ........ I`m also fortunate that I have intelligent people around me that I can discuss things with too

Sorry about the chemo knocking you sideways ........ Hope it improves soon for you x x x
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2011, 07:36 PM

As I'm working I listen to the radio news and when I'm in the house I have a choice of TV news channels including, Russia Today, Euronews, France 24, CNN, Al Jazeera, BBC 24, and our own Irish news, all on the satellite dish. they all give varied accounts of the major news stories and the problem is trying to figure out who's telling the truth, it all confused me so much that I don't really trust any of them anymore, not even the good old reliable BBC. I stopped reading the newspapers news long ago, they have recently proven how untrustworthy they are.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2011, 09:23 PM

I get news from both the radio which is on all day except when the TV news is on. I watch the news at noon, six and eleven, but get what I consider more balanced and in depth news from the daily newspaper (Washington Post) and two newsmagazines: Time and Newsweek. . I also Google.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top