Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 08:32 AM

Re: Smacking children

No-one is talking about condoning beating, but carrot and stick worked for us and the respect for authority then was so much better that it is today don't you think? I wonder why that is...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 09:16 AM

My mother was always smacking me...well, l can understand it, l was a right little brat!

Rarely, I would give my children a little warning tap on their hand and say, ‘No’, sharply, if they defied me. That would have been better than them trying to touch the fire or hurt themselves with other hazards.
My daughters were well behaved but my son was a bit naughty.

I don’t believe in locking naughty children in cupboards, cloakrooms or other rooms, like some do. To me, that is cruel and must damage them mentally.

When out, I hate it when l see some mother’s scream and swear at their children and manhandle their child. It makes me want to cry.
One of my friends once heard a woman in a supermarket, scream at her child...’lf you don’t stop, l’ll stab you’.
Shocking.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 09:33 AM

When I was at school we frequently were caned for absolutely nothing.

Last time I was on a night out down the West End (many years past) it cost me a bloody fortune!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 09:49 AM

AD you have lost me there .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
AD you have lost me there .

Muddy, I took it, AD paid to be caned or whipped!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
No-one is talking about condoning beating, but carrot and stick worked for us and the respect for authority then was so much better that it is today don't you think? I wonder why that is...
Spot on Barry, nobody should lose their temper with a child but a smack on the legs acts as a deterrent in the future. Our daughter who was about three or four at the time, was stamping her feet and throwing a tantrum in the supermarket [dancing dollies I think they call it] because she couldn't have her own way. Mrs Fox gave her legs a sharp slap, it surprised me! But it did the trick and calmed her down and It never happened again.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
When I was at school we frequently were caned for absolutely nothing.

Last time I was on a night out down the West End (many years past) it cost me a bloody fortune!
Should have come to see me Todger, I'd have done it for now't....We like it rough in Yorkshire....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Should have come to see me Todger, I'd have done it for now't....We like it rough in Yorkshire....
Nowt rough about Yorkshire. Wrong side of the Pennines - but that can be forgiven but that rose is far too anemic for my taste!
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
All started wsith the hippy/ flower power generation "make love not war" now they have grown up with kids of their own and don't believe in anything but a good telling off. Punishment today is sending to their room or stopping paying outside.
The Magic Roundabout has much to answer for!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Muddy, I took it, AD paid to be caned or whipped!
Thank you Art .
I have lived a sheltered life I thought that was something only MPs did

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top