Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 05:12 PM

Re: Smacking children

Like many being brought up with the leather belt across my rear end I could never do that to my son.
I traded the belt for various other weapons of correction and mental cruelty/fear at the grand old age of 9 till I was 15.
So you can see it was perfect to tell my son what my upbringing was like and he grew up knowing he could have had it the same if he ever became uncontrollable as the judge once said to me.
A little flick on his ear or a firm hand on his shoulder made him calm down if ever it got heated.
My daughter was my wife's responsibility I never would touch a woman or a girl for that matter.
But I am not silly in mind I know that there has to be deterrents for children and providing it is not cruelty then I cannot see why a child cannot be chastised correctly by the parent or teacher for that matter.
But we can never go back and what we have now is what we have to learn to live with.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 08:18 PM

Re: Smacking children

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Like many being brought up with the leather belt across my rear end I could never do that to my son.
I traded the belt for various other weapons of correction and mental cruelty/fear at the grand old age of 9 till I was 15.
So you can see it was perfect to tell my son what my upbringing was like and he grew up knowing he could have had it the same if he ever became uncontrollable as the judge once said to me.
A little flick on his ear or a firm hand on his shoulder made him calm down if ever it got heated.
My daughter was my wife's responsibility I never would touch a woman or a girl for that matter.
But I am not silly in mind I know that there has to be deterrents for children and providing it is not cruelty then I cannot see why a child cannot be chastised correctly by the parent or teacher for that matter.
But we can never go back and what we have now is what we have to learn to live with.
Good post longfellow.....Why is it that in the last fifty years we have decided to change many things that are tried and tested since the world began. These days people just over think think things, but the problem is, most parents aren't child psycologists. Then we wonder why our young people are disrespectful and unmanageable.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top